Chapter 83 : Why Now?

Devius and Cameron both looked very confused and in shock. Everything happened in a glimpse of an eye. It made them hard to easily digest it. After a while, Ju Jin Su lowered the gun he is holding on the table next to him. This time, he knew the time was was almost over. He knew the end of the chapter was approaching and no matter what happened, he would do everything and he would not leave Red alone. He will accompany him wherever he goes, forever.

He took a step towards Red's direction but Red pointed his gun at him, signaling him to not go nearer. He looked down at Red and met his gaze. Tears avalanched from his eyes.

"Red, that's enough. Everything is over now." He mumbled.

Red looked at him with an angry yet sad eyes. "I-I should have known it. I should h-have known that y-you'll betray me too. N-No one will ever be l-loyal to me. Everyone will betray me for Lee Jin Hong! How stupid am I to believe that you will always stay with me." He laughed and with the strength he has left, he pushed himself to stand up.

Detective Lee carefully laid Harry down the floor and went to Devius. He held his hand tightly as they watched Red slowly step back. Red held his hand and press his wound to stop it from bleeding. He took a deep breath and looked directly at Detective Lee.

"Crimson, Lee Jin Hong or whatever you're preferred name is, you should never have lived the life that was supposed to be mine and Lee Han Se's. You're acting as if you're the hero yet you're the villain yourself. You're acting like someone who will save people but you're the one who'll hurt them and get them killed. Now, since you got Sed's loyalty, I don't have any reason to act humanely." He said in a long litany, pain and anger are visible in his eyes.

"Hyeol—"

"You shut up, Sedis!" He angrily turned and yelled at Ju Jin Su. "You don't have the right to call me by that name ever again."

"I—"

"You shot me with the gun I gifted you. You shattered the trust that took me years to finally give you." Red cut Jin Su's sentence.

Red felt angry. He felt betrayed. He felt extremely hurt. Detective Lee and Officer Chad were just looking at him and Ju Jin Su. For Detective Lee, he's scared but relieved that he's holding the officer's hand now and he could have the chance to protect him if anything ever happens. But for Officer Chad, something is playing inside his mind. He remembered Ju Jin Su saying that he doesn't plan on hurting or killing him not even Detective Lee. But now, looking at the man's expression, he doesn't believe that Red will spare any of them.

"Hyeol, I don't have a choice!" Ju Jin Su reasoned.

Red smirked and laughed. "You've already taken your choice and that is to betray me for Lee Jin Hong. You chose them over me, Sedis. I'm not an idiot!"

"Hyeol, please—"

"I've planted bombs around this building." He said, Cameron, Devius and Ju Jin Su all looked shocked as Red took out something from his pocket. "One click of this thing and everything will blow up, we will all die together."

"Hyeol, don't do this!"

"Red, if you do that, you're also going to die!" Devius said.

Red smiled. "I don't care, at least I won't die alone." He grinned.

"No! I won't let you do this, Hyeol!" Ju Jin Su charged towards Red and tried to take the button from him.

With his wound, Red struggled to get Ju Jin Su away from him. Cameron and Devius went to Harry's direction. They watched at the two ramble for the red button.

"Hyeol, there's still time for you. Please don't do this!" Jin Su said while struggling with Red.

"You don't have the right to tell me anything. You already lose what I have given you!" The latter said and kicked Jin Su away from him.