Chapter 70 : If I Could Be

When Cameron arrived at the meeting place, Chief Simon quickly walked towards him to meet him. The word worried is all over her face. She looked stressed and her eyebrows were crumpled together. Harold and Isaac are also with her, she must called them too.

"Lee, where have you been? Why did you left the hospital?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"I'm sorry, Chief. I just needed some fresh air to clear my mind." Cameron responded.

"You know you needed some rest, son." Harold spoke.

Detective Lee slightly smiled. "I'm sorry, dad. I'm really sorry. But let's talk about it later, what happened to Parker?" He changed the topic.

Chief Simon sighed. "Come with me inside, let's talk there." She commanded and walked away, the men followed her.

They all sat down around the table. Everyone looked worried. They are all thinking of the same thing. Chief Simon stood up and paced around.

"Parker is missing, so is the kid—Gong Seuk Tae. The disappeared at the same time today, if I'm correct. Now, Officer Chad, Detective Parker and Gong Seuk Tae are missing. We only have on suspect in mind—the killer caller." She started speaking, explaining what is happening and enumerating their missing colleagues and the kid. "Our star witness—Michael—is safe so far and there were no suspicious activities around the safe house he was in."

"But, Sara, how sure are you that Detective Parker is missing?" Harold questioned.

Chief Simon took a deep breath and placed a paper on the table. "This note, it read 'See you soon, my best friend. I'll be waiting, Detective Lee.' That's why I'm so sure that it was the culprit who sent this and he has Parker, Chief Lee." She explained.

"You don't have to keep calling me Chief Lee, Sara. I'm not your superior anymore. Just call me Harry." Harold awkwardly smiled.

"I'm sorry, Chief—I mean, Harry." She smiled back.

"What about Seuk Tae, how did he went missing when we just met him earlier?" Isaac questioned, confused.

"Officer Yussaf went to the headquarters and told me that Seuk Tae was abducted at the safe house. Igan was knocked unconscious." Cameron answered.

"Son, this Killer Caller, do you know why he's doing this? It's not just a simple and typically serial murder case, something is very wrong." Harold turned to Detective Lee.

Cameron shook his head. "It's not, dad. It's not a simple serial killing. The culprit, Red, he's doing this because of me." He answered.

Everyone looked confused with what Cameron had said. He leaned on the chair and sighed, he expression look so stressed.

"What do you mean, Cameron?" Chief Simon asked.

"He said I took something from him. He's doing everything because of me. He wanted to take back what was supposed to be his. I don't know what he meant but I have this feeling that he is a part of my past." Detective Lee said in a long litany.

Harold didn't speak but he had something in his mind. He doesn't know why but something from his case from the past suddenly came into his mind. Even if he disappeared for a long time, even if he hid himself from everyone for a long time, he never left Cameron's side. He always visit his adopted son and check on him. He follows him everywhere he goes, that's why he never lose track on what Cameron is doing. Harold knew about the case they are investigating right now. He knew what had been happening. Harold also know that his son will be in danger because of his case but little did he know that his theory was right, the culprit behind the case is related to what happened in the past.