Chapter 16 : A Warning?

It's been an hour since their last conversation with Chief Simon but Devius couldn't still calm his mind. Cameron is also devoured by his thoughts about the case. Both Detective Lee and Officer Chad are sitting on their assigned desk while Chief Simon was leaning on the wall, watching her juniors and colleagues do their jobs. Everything was quiet because everyone one is focused on what they are doing. Even a needle falling could possibly be heard. But the moment of silence was ruined when Detective Kairo Sedis Parker came rushing inside the headquarters. He went outside earlier for further investigation because he was also partially involved in solving the case. They all look at him with confusion and curiosity.

"Detective Parker, what is it?" Chief Simon asked, standing properly.

He swallowed hard while panting before answering, "I got a call...from an anonymous caller saying there are some witness who could tell us the whereabouts of the culprit."

After hearing that, the three all stood up and looked at each other while the other detectives just went back to their respective works. Detective Parker marched towards them and handed them a paper. Written there is the address of some witnesses according to the anonymous caller.

"Are you sure about that, Parker?" Chief Simon questioned, furrowing her brows.

"Yes, Chief. I talked to the person who gave me those address personally. I can assure you that it's positive." Kairo confirmed.

"Detective Lee and Officer Chad, you meet with the witnesses and go to the given place, I and Detective Parker will also investigate." She commanded the two.

Cameron and Devius both nodded and gave her a salute. "Yes, Chief." Detective Lee answered.

"We'll do our best, Chief Simon. Let's go." Said Officer Chad and then they both walked out of the headquarters.

There are two addresses written on the paper. Detective Lee is the one driving while Officer Chad was looking at the piece of paper. The nearest address was a bit far from the headquarters' current location. Fortunately, there was no traffic and they were faster to get to their destination. When they arrived at the place, Detective Lee immediately knocked on the door and an elderly woman greeted them with a smile.

"Good day. What can I do for you, sir?" She asked.

Detective Lee and Officer Chad glanced at each other before turning to the old lady. They took out their badge and showed to the elderly.

"Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee, Korean National Police." Cameron introduced himself.

Devius smiled too and said, "Officer Devius Wayne Chad, Sienna Metropolitan Police Agency."

"Oh. I see." She smiled. "What can I do for you, young men? Is there anything I can help you with?" She gladly asked.

"Actually, granny," Officer Chad politely started, "We're here to asked you about a guy wearing a black coat. Someone tipped us that you may have seen him or perhaps knows where he lives?" He continued.

The old lady acted thinking for a while as the two men intently waited for her answer. After some time, she sighed and looked at them. The kind of look that your mom will give you if you go bunjie jumping.

"Handsome, I don't know if I should be telling you this but I'm not the one you should ask about that person. But I can give you the address of someone who can possibly help you." She smiled and handed them a piece of paper, an address written on it.