Chapter 8 : Death At The Forest

After talking to Gong Seuk Tae, Detective Lee immediately went to Chief Simon and told her what he found out from the kid. There was a meeting held after that and Detective Lee narrated everything. Everyone listened and left confused by the given description of the possible culprit behind the murder.

"So, the boy followed the culprit to the party? Does that mean, the culprit didn't come to party by car? He walked?" Officer Chad asked furrowing his eyebrows.

Detective Lee nodded. "According to what he told me, yes."

"But, it doesn't add up, senior." Officer Chase spoke.

"Yeah. Isaac is right. The boy said he followed the culprit to the party but I didn't see him at all when I was wandering around. Also, everyone at the party should be at least eighteen, he wouldn't be allowed inside at his age." Officer Chad explained in a long litany.

Isaac Chase nodded in agreement. "That's right, I didn't see him inside too."

"So, are you suggesting that he's lying?"Detective Lee questioned.

Both officers shook their heads. "No, there's a possibility that he really followed the culprit but he wasn't inside." Officer Devius Chad added.

Chief Simon nodded. "That is possible. Maybe the kid saw him on his way to the bar and followed him there but since he can't go in, he wasn't able to fully do it."

"Then, if that boy saw his face or mask or whatever and the culprit finds out, Gong Seuk Tae's welfare will be in danger, senior." Officer Chase worriedly said, Cameron nodded.

"We need to make sure that Gong Seuk Tae is safe no matter what. He can be a star witness once the culprit is caught." Chief Simon suggested to which everyone agreed.

"Did I miss something?" Detective Kairo Sedis Parker entered the meeting hall, panting as if he had run a mile.

"Uh, yeah. We're almost done, Detective Parker." Chief Simon responded.

"Oh."

"But, we have a star witness who may or may not have seen the culprit's face." She added.

"Really? Who?"

"It's a kid named Gong Seuk Tae."

"Woah. He's korean just like Cameron, Chief?"

"Yes. He said he saw the culprit and followed him to the bar but he wasn't sure if he his face or if it's a mask." She explained.

Detective Parker nodded. "Then, we must take care of him. Chief Simon, I'll assign two of our colleagues to look after the witness." Detective Kairo Parker suggested, his superior nodded.

"That's good. I'll start with the other works now. We must start investigation as soon as possible." Chief Simon said before leaving for her office.

After the meeting, everyone went to their respected places and Officer Chad and Officer Chase decided to go their way too. But before they could even exit the detective's headquarters, a man covered in blood came rushing towards them.

"HELP ME! HELP ME! PLEASE! HELP!" He was trembling all over and his bloody hands are so cold and shaking.

"Calm down, sir. Tell us what's happening." Officer Chase held the man's shoulder to calm him down.

He's crying and his voice was almost unheard. "P-Please help me. S-Someone killed my wife." He burst out in tears.

That's when Detective Lee notice the ruckus in front of the door. He headed towards the direction and saw the two officers talking to the man covered in blood. He hurriedly approached them.