Chapter 73 : Connection 1

Detective Cameron Lee has been staring at the glass board in front of him while Chief Simon was busy with the discussion for the meeting. After a long time investigation, they now have a better conclusion and more information about the culprit behind the Killer Caller case, thanks to Harold's informations. All the pictures and information were pasted on the board. The victims, the missing items, the crime scene and even the finger prints collected at the crime scene were all pasted in there. But their main theory was that, the culprit is related to Cameron. Due to Harold who's been eyeing his adopted son, Cameron, he gathered some pictures and information. The only questions now were that, who was the killer caller? What is his connection to Cameron and his past?

Chief Simon has been discussing but Cameron wasn't focus at all. He see them but he couldn't concentrate on listening. His mind was out there thinking about Officer Chad, Gong Seuk Tae and Detective Parker's welfare. Sitting in the meeting hall and just doing nothing is making him even more anxious. Of course, he has to attend the meeting as they have to create a better plan and more accurate move but he just couldn't sit there while he knows that people are getting in more danger the more minute they spend on creating a plan and doing the meeting. Just thinking about Devius makes him unable to do things properly. He's been trained but when your love one is at risk, can you even apply it?

"Detective Cameron Lee, what do you think?" Detective Lee turned to Chief Simon when he heard her speaking to him.

"Cam, you alright?" Harold asked in concern.

"Huh? Sorry, I wasn't listening. I couldn't concentrate, I'm really sorry." He apologized, lowering his head.

Chief Simon sighed. "I said, all the victims might be connected with each other according to Harry's information. Most of them must have had been any interaction based on our investigation too." She repeated.

"Hmm. You're right, Chief. As what I can see and given the information, they must be connected. That's opposite to our initial finding." He answered.

"Camz, you know more than any of us. Can you discuss further?" His adopted father asked.

"Yeah, sure, dad." Cameron stood up and took a brown folder.

In that folder were all the informations he gathered with Officer Devius Chad as they both did the investigation. Though it's not enough yet to reveal the culprit's identity, all the informations gathered could be a great help in uncovering the case. He also have his own investigation there.

"This is Mateo Jacker." He pointed at one of the victims' photo and then he pasted a copy of newspaper from the folder to the glass board. "He had been involved in a car accident killing a nine year old boy. He was served with warrant but the case didn't get long in the court as his lawyer, Niana Penningson, won it. Eunice Oscars was the judge of the case back then." He explained, pasting all the pictures on the glass board.

"Does that mean, there is a pattern all along, sir?" One of their colleagues, Officer Igan, asked.

"Let him finish first." Said Harold.

"Sorry, sir." Officer Igan apologized.

"They might not all be connected or they might not all have had an encounter with each other but these victims had one similarities." He continued.

"What is it?" Chief Simon eagerly asked.

Detective Lee stopped and placed the last piece of paper on the table before saying, "They are all involved in a case where the victim was a child."

"What?" Chief Simon and Officer Chase asked in unison.

"Gina Kang, child trafficking." He pointed at the elderly woman's picture, who is also the first victim. "George Michael, according to our investigation is one of Gina Kang's customer. As for Mence David, there was no case filed because he is known as a kind man but then I found out that behind his good reputation, he used to be sexually assaulting his students, leading on girl to commit suicide."