Chapter 31 : The Clue

Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee was just staring at the picture pasted on the glass board. The meeting has been over an hour ago but he chose to stay and figure out something. He doesn't know why but he thinks there's something more behind the murders. He can't figure it out but there's something inside him that's telling him, it could be something like a message. He thinks the reason behind the killings are far way more than they could imagine.

"Senior, you're not having lunch with me?" Officer Devius Chad opened the door, disturbing his thoughts.

He faced the door. "I'm fine, just go and have lunch." He said.

"You need to eat, you didn't eat breakfast earlier. How can you work with an empty stomach?" Officer Chad tried to convince him.

"I need to figure out something. You can eat first, I'll be fine." He responded but Devius is a hard-headed person as he could be.

He walked in and closed the door then head towards his partner. "You're thinking about the texter and the recent murders, aren't you?"

"I just need to figure something out. I can feel that there's something I needed to know but I just can't tell what is it." Cameron sat on the chair.

"Like what?" Devius asked again.

Cameron went silent for a while. He gathered all the thoughts he have, thinking that he could figure out something through that. He looked back at the glass board and then to his partner.

"That Red told me on the riddle that there's a clue, he said he has given us a clue but I don't know what that clue means." He problematically mumbled.

"Well, maybe it's the name Red? He didn't left anything except for the word Red that we found at the crime scene." Officer Chad concluded but Cameron shook his head.

"It's not that simple, Chad. There must be something more. Something that could lead us to uncover the culprit's identity." Detective Lee stated.

Devius stayed silent and stared at the photos of the victims. He gathered the information one by one. First, they all died after a phone call and lose something red in their belongings.

There's no fingerprints or anything left as evidence of the crime. Also, all crimes happened near a forest or somewhere that has many trees near. The crime also happened without any witness. And the culprit wears a black coat that covers his body and face. After summing up everything, he placed his hand under his chin. That's when his eyes turned to the last victim, Lee Jin Hong.

"Senior, I think there's something odd about the last victim, Lee Jin Hong." Officer Chad pointed at the picture.

Detective Lee looked at it. "What is it?" He asked.

"All the victims, according to their families, dies after receiving a phone call." He started pointing at all the prior victims.

"Yeah?"

Then he pointed at Lee Jin Hong again. "But this guy, he doesn't have any cellphone with him. Also, the other victims loses something red yet he didn't lose anything. All his belongings are with him and his clothes are stained with blood but not torn like that of Niana Penningson." He explained.

"And what are you trying to say?" Detective Lee crossed his legs.

"Could there be a possibility that this one is another person's doing?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you think, senior?"

"Well, everything is done very differently from the prior ones but I'm pretty sure that it is done by the same suspect." Cameron stated.