Chapter 52 : I'll Stay Beside You

Detective Kairo Parker was unconscious for almost two days as he lost a lot of blood due to the stabbed wound he got. He only got stabbed once but the wound is fatal. Fortunately, the operation went well and was saved on time. Detective Cameron Lee and Officer Devius Chad did the investigation but nothing seemed to lead them to what exactly happened. They aren't able to find the truth and their only hope is for Detective Parker to wake up and narrate them everything. Even if Cameron was determined that Red had to do something with what happened yet he doesn't have any proof and he also doesn't know anything about Red except for his voice and name—if that's really his name.

"Cai, here, drink some coffee." Officer Chad placed a cup of coffee down his partner's table who was still busy browsing some papers. "You've been working for two days straight, I'm worried about you."

Cameron sighed. "I'll be fine, Chad. I have to find out more information about Red." He said.

"But you've been up for two straight days without any sleeps and proper meal yet you still didn't find anything. You also need to rest. You'll get sick with what you're doing, Cai." Officer Chad lectured him, that's when he laid the papers down and leaned on his chair.

"If we don't catch him any time soon, more lives will be in danger and more people will get hurt. I can't afford to rest knowing that with every lottle delay of my action, many people's safety are at risk." He said in a very problematic voice.

Devius knows that his partner is a really hard working person but he noticed that he's extra hardworking these passed few days. He knows that Cameron is eager to catch the person behind the murder and he does too but he's worried about the detective's health. If he continues abusing his body without sleep, rest and proper meal, he'll surely perish before even solving the case. Officer Chad leaned on the table, facing his partner.

"Cai, I know that you wanted to bring the jerk behind bars and give justice to the people he killed but you still have to rest. You've also been so into finding more informations about Red. We are not even sure if he's really the culprit or if he is even related to the killer." Devius stared in a long litany.

Cameron looked at the officer but quickly shifted his gaze, avoiding eye contact. "That's why I'm working hard to find out more, so that I can relate Red with everything, the culprit and the murders." Detective Lee said but Devius could feel something more.

By the tone of Cameron's voice, Devius could tell there's is something more behind his partner being so eager. It's not just about relating Red to the crime and to the culprit. He can't tell what it is but he's sure there's something more.

"Cai, is there something else? Are you not telling me something?" He asked, furrowing his brows.

Detective Lee turned to him only to shift his gaze to another direction. "It's not that—"

"Cai," Devius held Cameron's face to make him look at him. "I know Red told you something that day when you talked to him. I just didn't ask because I don't feel it is the right time but now, can you tell me? What did he told you that made you so worried like that?" He said in a calm, convincing voice.

Detective Lee stared at Officer Chad's amusing eyes. Seeing them made his heart pound harder. In his heart, he could let himself fall in love even more but in his mind, it also makes him more worried. He doesn't want anything bad to happen towards the man he cherishes. He can't afford to let Devius be in danger again.

Even if he doesn't want to admit that he'd fallen for this naughty, noisy guy, he knew in his heart that he had. Just remembering that time when Devius was shot in front of him was a total nightmare, hearing Red threatening this man, he can't help but feel anxious.