Epilogue

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to month and months turned to years. Time had passed like a blink of an eye and Officer Chad still didn't heard anything from his partner, Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee. Not even Chief Simon had called him after the case was closed. It's like he's really back to his normal life before the killer caller case happened. He sometimes wanted to visit Red and Ju Jin Su but they refused to see him for some unknown reason. Only his friend Officer Isaac Chase came to visit him at his apartment since Isaac was transferred to other department. His sister, Daena, was busy with her studies and he didn't want to disturb her. He sometimes go to her University to visit but he really doesn't go often.

He once tried going to Cameron's apartment but he didn't see him there because according to the owner, he already moved out and has no idea where he went. He called some of their colleagues at the headquarters but they also didn't know where Detective Lee went. But even if that's the case, Devius never give up and still hopes to meet Cameron again.

One day, he woke up early and went to visit Harold Lee's grave since he is in leave. He has no case to handle and doesn't have anywhere to nor anyone to spend the short vacation with. He just cooked some food for his sister because he will visit her later. Since he met Cameron, there are things he decided to learn and one of them is cooking. Though he already knew how to cooked before, he did his best to improve that skill. When he arrived at the memorial park, he was that Sara was already standing in front of Harold's grave.

"Good afternoon, Chief Simon." He saluted as he greets his superior.

"You're here again? You never failed to visit Chief Lee." Chief Simon smiled.

"Well, I don't have anything to do since I'm on leave. Isaac was busy with a new case while Daena was busy with her studies. I'm back to my usual, old routine, Chief." He joked.

"You're still waiting for Cameron?"

The smile on Devius' lips faded away upon the mention of the detective's name. "Well, I'll be lying if I said I wasn't but what could I do? He just disappeared without saying anything. He never said where he'll be going or if he's ever coming back."

Chief Simon sighed. "Officer Chad, I'll be honest with you. Cameron isn't in good shape right now after everything that happened. He's searching for his identity and he needed space from everything, from everyone." She explained.

"But it's been a year since he vanished. He never told anyone of his destination nor did he said that he'll come back. Don't get me wrong, Chief. I'm willing to wait even if it'll take eternity but I'm still hoping that he'll show up soon. I really missed that guy so much." He smiled bitterly.

"You love so much, don't you?" Sara smiled.

"I do. It's a little awkward but I do, Chief. I've never loved anyone like this before." He said in all honesty.

Chief Simon nodded. "I know he loves you as much too."

To be honest, Devius trust Cameron so much. Even if Sara didn't tell him that Cameron felt the same, he knew that the guy loves him as much as he does. Even if it's been a year since he last saw the detective — his heart, his love— it never changed a bit nor did it lessen. He loves Cameron as much as he did before.

"Then, when he gets back and found everything about his identity, please tell him that I've been waiting and I'll be waiting even if it'll take him a century for searching." He stated with a smile.

Sara nodded. "There's no need to tell him that, Devius, he knows. He knows that you will always wait for him."

"Then just tell him where I can be found, Chief." He said and then left.

Another year had passed and Devius kept his promise. He always visits Harold's grave. He never failed to go to the river side where his and Cameron's first kissed happened. When Daena graduated, he was hoping that Cameron would show himself but even if that didn't happen, he still kept waiting.

He celebrates Cameron's birthday at the river side. He visits Chief Simon too. He always cooked and he really improved so much. He kept up with his life while waiting. He's been waiting and he'll always be waiting for Cameron. He spent some of his time studying cases. He even pays Red and Detective Parker which he calls as Jin Su now, a visit which they refused at first but now, they're gladly exchanging stories. If he's not doing anything or visiting the two, he would come and wander at the park near the river.

One day, he's doing what he always does when not busy. He's on leave for a month after being promoted as a general. To spend sometime, he went for a walk at the park like he usually does. The wind was playing with his hair. He closed his eyes to inhale some fresh air and placed his hands inside his pockets.

He was about to head to a nearby bench when I man running accidentally knocked him on the ground. He didn't fe hard but his back still felt a bit of pain making him winced.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." The guy apologises and offered his hand.

"It's alright, I'm fine." Devius took it and stood up without looking up.

"I'm glad that you've been fine even if I wasn't here, Chad." The guy said and his voice suddenly became familiar.

Devius slowly looked up and was stunned. "Caiseus..." He mumbled.

Cameron smiled and shook his head. "It's Crimson or you can call me Lee Jin Hong, officer." He corrected him. "Nice to meet you." He smiled.

Officer Chad accepted his hand with a joyful smile. "I'm Devius Wayne Chad, nice to meet you too, Lee Jin Hong." He said with a warm smile.

He stared at him for a moment and then pulled Cameron into a really warm and tight hug. He's heart is jumping with joy. It's been more than two years since he last saw the detective. He couldn't explain how happy he was right at that moment.

"I've missed you so much, Crimson." He said, trying his best not to shed tears.

Detective Lee smiled and hug him tighter. "I heard you've been waiting for me and I'm sorry because it took me so long to come back to you. But I promise, I'm never going away anymore."

Devius released himself from the hug and looked directly at the latter's eyes. "Because I'm never allowing you to leave me again." He said as he pulled Cameron into a kiss.

Although not every story ends happily, everyone will always have a choice whether to end it or make it continue. For Devius and Cameron, everything has just begun and they never plan on ending it. Everything didn't went as easy as they'd wanted to but all the challenges made them stronger. It's the beginning of their happily ever after.