Chapter 15 : Killer's Trophy 2

Cameron woke up early in the morning or maybe he didn't fell asleep at all. After washing his face, he went outside to see who his neighbor was but he had already knocked many times yet no one answered. He just considered his first thought last night about Devius joking. He shoved it off and returned to his apartment to get ready. They did their regular routine but he couldn't get the thought of his new neighbor inside his head. He never saw them, not even when he knocked at their door this morning. He wanted to believe that Devius was joking but there's something in his that's saying something is off.

"Hey, let's buy something for Michael later." Detective Lee has been hearing the same sentence ever since this morning.

"When will you stop talking?" He lazily turned to Officer Chad.

"Until you say yes." He simply answered.

"Tell, Chad, are you really serious about the neighbor?" Cameron faced his partner.

Devius furrowed his brows. "Of course, why would I joke about having neighbors?"

Detective Lee sighed. "It's just that, I went to see them this morning but no one answered me. I don't think someone's living next door." He explained.

"Maybe they're shy?"

"Huh?"

"Okay, let's do it like this, I'mma buy something for them and we'll both give it so we could meet. What do you say?"

"I don't know."

"Come on, senior. I thought you wanna meet your neighbor?"

"Tss! Fine, just do whatever you want and stop being noisy." He gave up.

After hearing that, Devius smiled and started thinking of what to buy for the kid. Cameron on the other was still curious about his so-called neighbor's identity. He agreed to make a reason of checking on his new neighbor. He is somehow curious about the kid, Michael. He really never noticed that someone is inhabiting the place next door until Officer Chad told him. There was no noise despite the apartment being not sound proof. He isn't at home most of the time, but he should have noticed if someone was really in there. In addition to that, he knocked not just once or twice on that door and not even a single movement was heard. It's just something that anyone will be so curious about. But for him, he's kinda worried than curious.

He looked at the clock hanged on the wall of their headquarters. It's almost passed lunch and his tummy is growling with hunger. He sighed and then he lowered the papers he was holding before facing Officer Chad.

"Hey, let's have lunch first." Cameron stood up and walked out of the headquarters.

"Eh? Hey! Wait for me!" Devius quickly followed, smiling.

Cameron doesn't usually asked him to have lunch, he's always the first one to do so. That's why he was smiling like a clown —ears to ears. He didn't even bother to fix his table and just stormed out to follow his senior.

"Hurry up, Devil." Detective Lee said without stopping.

"Hey! Who's the devil?" Devius frowned but Cameron only shook his head.

They both walked out of the headquarters and begun heading towards the restaurant near the station. Devius isn't familiar with the place because it's far from their office. It's been a while since he came to Cameron's place and he hasn't visited his workplace yet. He doesn't even have time to visit his sister because of their busy schedule.