Chapter 55 : Lee Jin Hong

Detective Lee stood up and looked over the window. He took a deep breath as he slide his hands inside his pocket. The rain was still pouring a bit hard. From there, he could see the trees dancing through the wind. Cars and other vehicles are passing each other, making a splash through the shallows. There are only few people that he could seen walking with umbrellas, some are running with hands or other things above their head to cover themselves from the rain. The window is closed so he couldn't quite hear the noise made my everything outside. The room was calm but his mind isn't.

"Parker, can I ask you something?" Cameron started without removing his sight outside.

Detective Parker turned his head to him. "What is it? Is there something bothering you? You can tell me."

Detective Lee doesn't know if it's the right time to ask as his colleague just woke up from his unconsciousness but the urge to voice out what was on his mind couldn't wait any longer. He took another deep breath, preparing to ask his question.

"The day when you came to my apartment, all covered in blood and wounded severely. What exactly happened? How did you end up in that situation? Who did that to you? Can you tell me?" Detective Lee questioned consecutively while furrowing his brows.

"Calm down, Cam. You can asked me questions but don't fire them at me." Kairo tried to joke but Detective Lee's expression is as serious as a stone.

"Parker, just tell me."

Detective Parker sighed and leaned his head on the bed. "I was walking on the street because I got bored and I planned to breath some fresh air. You know? To at least get rid of the stress. Then someone suddenly jumped from behind me. It happened so suddenly and really fast that all I could remember was, that person, he was wearing a black coat and I couldn't see his face or any of his skin. I just remembered that he smelled like burning wood and vanilla." He narrated, recalling the details of that day.

"He smelled like a burning wood? Vanilla?" Cameron asked in confusion, Detective Parker nodded.

"Yes, I remember that weird smell clearly." Kairo slowly shook his head as if he couldn't believe of what he was saying. "His smell made me dizzy. I just felt something piercing through my body and then the next thing I knew, I was starting to get covered by my own blood as rain started to pour hard, I was stabbed." Detective Parker mumbled, touching the place where his wound is.

Detective Lee turned to face him, still looking confused. "You're a great fighter, even better than me, how come you were so injured?"

"I am. I am indeed a great fighter but like I told you, there's something about the smell that made me feel dizzy. I think it's some kind of sedative or something. I was just stabbed once but he wounded me in the most dangerous part." Detective Parker said while shaking his head.

"But, how did you end up in my apartment? Your apartment was far from mine even our headquarters was a bit far." Detective Lee asked in confusion again.

"That person placed me in a car and drove me to your place. I was so scared that I might die so I did my best to get to your apartment and knocked before finally losing my consciousness." Detective Parker responded.

Detective Lee went silent for a while. No matter how much he thinks of it, he finds something odd. Something is really not right. If Red did everything, why would he drive Detective Parker to Cameron's apartment? Does he really wanted to scare him by hurting the people around him? Also, why would Red harm Detective Parker? Cameron isn't that close to him even if they have been working together for quite. Long time. If Red would to hurt someone, is has to be Officer Chad. He's mad of what Red did but the more he thinks about it, the more he gets confused.

"But, Cameron, that person...he told me something." Kairo looked up to him.

"What do you mean?" Cameron asked, interested.

"He told me a name...Lee Jin Hong. That's what he told me. He said that Lee Jin Hong is the answer to every question and that only him can stop the killing."

"Lee Jin Hong?" He confusedly asked, Detective Parker nodded his head.

"At first I thought, he was referring to the last victim but he told me before throwing me out the car, he brought me to Lee Jin Hong's place but I found myself in your apartment building."

"What?"

"Yes. At first, U was considering that maybe he mistook your name for someone else because your korean name is Lee Han Se, right? But after all his words, I believe he didn't mistook it." Kairo furrowed his eyebrows, looking confused. "Do you personally know someone with that name?" He asked.

Cameron fell silent. Hearing that name, he felt worried and for some reason, scared. He's been dreaming about that name several times but he still doesn't know what his connection to that person is. The name Lee Jin Hong sounds familiar to him but he just couldn't figure out. Aside from the fact that it was the last victim's name.

"That Lee Jin Hong, he must finish the thing he started or more people will die. That's what that person repeatedly told me while I was in the car." Detective Parker stated, staring directly at Cameron's eyes.

"Did he tell you...who Lee Jin Hong was?" Detective Lee asked.

Kairo shook his head. "No, he didn't tell me but I think you and that Lee Jin Hong are somehow connected. Don't you know someone named Lee Jin Hong, Cam?"

"No, I don't. I don't recall personally knowing someone with that name.." He answered with a sigh.

Detective Kairo Parker nodded and didn't say anything anymore. But for some reason, there's something that's bothering Cameron. He could feel that the other wasn't saying everything. He thought, maybe because he was still in shock for everything that happened and Detective Lee doesn't plan to force his colleague in talking. Detective Lee just sighed and continued watching the rain through the window.

On the other hand, while Officer Devius Chad was sitting in the car, waiting for the fuel to get full, someone was watching him—Red. Officer Chad has no idea that someone's eyes were on him while he was carelessly holding the steering wheel. He even has a smile on his face and Red was wearing a devilish grin on his face.

Red took out his phone, took a photo of the the officer in the car and sent a message to Detective Lee, attaching Devius' photo with a smirk. He made sure that it will make the man worry. After that, he returned the phone on his pocket. Just by knowing that Cameron will be worried just by knowing that he's around the officer gave him the feeling of satisfaction. Few moments later, Officer Chad and Gong Seuk Tae finally arrived at their destination. The two guards went to greet their senior to which he gladly returned.

"Officer Yussaf, Officer Igan, you should be glad that I am the one who came here to bring this kid back. If it's Detective Lee, he will surely scold you to death for not putting your eyes on him." Devius teased them, smiling.

Officer Igan scratched his head. "We were checking the surroundings and didn't noticed him leaving, sir."

"We apologise, sir. Next time, we'll be more alert." Officer Yussaf apologises.

Devius shook his head and chuckled. "I was just kidding." He then turned to Gong Seuk Tae and ruffled his hair. "Go in now, kid. Don't go out alone next time, it's very dangerous."

"Yes, officer. I'm really sorry." Seuk Tae nodded his head and walked inside.

"I'll be leaving then, I have to go back to the hospital." Devius looked at the two officer with a smile.

"Take care, Officer Chad." They both chanted.

"Bye." He bid farewell to the two officers and headed to the car.

The road was kind of traffic caused by  the rain. It took the officer some time before he could finally reach the hospital. When he got out of the car, he was taken aback when Detective Lee suddenly run towards him and hugged him tightly. He could feel his partner's heart pounding fast and hard. He wanted to asked because he doesn't usually acts like this but he chose not to say anything and just returned his hug. He has no idea that Cameron was so scared after he received the message from Red with his picture attached to it.