Chapter 19 : The Next Victim 2

Officer Chad run towards the parking area and immediately look for Detective Lee. He turned to every corner but it's kind of dark and he couldn't quite see everything. In addition to that, he's a bit panicked for some reason. While he was busy walking into the parking lot and searching for his partner, he felt his phone vibrating again. He begun to get familiar with the stranger's number flashed on the screen. He swallowed before hesitantly answering it.

"Who're you looking for, Officer?" The caller spoke as soon as call was answered.

"It's none of your business." He hissed, the caller chuckled. Devius balled his fist in annoyance. "If you think you'll scare me, then you're wrong. Just come after me and let's see who's tougher. Don't hide behind the line, jerk." He challenged him but the caller only replied with an annoying laugh.

"Don't be in too much of a hurry, officer. We'll come to that. I promise you, we'll meet soon. But for now, I'll just enjoy watching you two." After that, the call ended again. Officer Chad was left staring at the black screen of his phone.

On the other hand, Detective Lee was walking straight back to the parking lot after a quick talk with one of his juniors but when he was about to ride on his car, he suddenly felt that strange feeling again. It's that unfamiliar feeling he felt earlier in the forest. He scattered his sight around but it's so dark, he can barely see without the dim light. But he is not mistaken when he saw a figure in the distance. It's dark but he can recognize everything including the feeling of the strange man staring at him while grinning.

Moments after Officer Chad regained himself, he started looking for his partner again and that's when he saw Cameron Lee staring at something again. He knows something was off when he saw Detective Lee reaching for his gun behind him. He glanced at the spot where Detective Lee was looking but he couldn't see what it is because of the post. Feeling that it wasn't safe to stay longer in that dim area, he decided to get near Cameron.

He ran towards him with a smile while saying, "Hey, senior Lee, I think you're forgetting something."

Detective Lee turned to him when he heard his voice but he went to gave a glanced at the spot again making Devius do the same and saw nothing.

"What are you looking out there? Is there a ghost?" He asked, jokingly.

"Ghost aren't real. What is it? Why did you follow me?" Questioned Detective Lee instead of answering his question.

Officer Chad raised his brows. He knows that his partner was keeping something from him but he doesn't want to force him to say anything. Im fact, he has some idea of what could he be looking at earlier. Devius sensed that it wasn't just him who the culprit is teasing, he's also teasing Cameron.

So he just jokingly said, "Oh! You forgot about me, we live in the same apartment since last week, didn't we? Why are you leaving me behind?" He faked laughed to which the latter just sighed.

Detective Lee looked at him with a dead face. He usually gives him that look if he did something silly, as if Cameron is mocking him in his mind but Devius didn't mind at all. He's been familiar with the detective for quite some time. For sure, Devius knows that Cameron has been comparing him to a kid by the way he stare at him. He just gave him a smile.

Detective Lee sighed and stated, "Come on, hop in."

"Thanks!" He happily responded.

He went to the other side but his phone begun ringing again. He thought it was the same person but this time, another unknown number was flashed on the screen of his phone. He confusedly stared at it before leaning over to the window.

"Wait," Devius gestured to which Detective Lee just nodded. "Hello?" He said after answering the call.

"..."