Chapter 34 : Dream and Memories

Just like the usual days, Detective Cameron Lee and Officer Devius Chad was out working and investigating about the Killer Caller case all day. The only time they could rest is when they have to eat lunch or take nature break. But despite their heavy workloads and busy days, Cameron still couldn't take that dream off of his head. He kept thinking why everything happened as if he was back there for real. The dream feels really real. He's not even sure now if it was a dream or a memory.

"Senior, you've been spacing out since this morning. Does it have anything to do with your dreams last night?" Officer Chad sat beside him while they were resting on a bench after doing another investigation.

"It's nothing, Chad."

"I know you told me that you're not ready to talk about it yet but it's the first time I saw this stressed out."

"Really, it's nothing, don't mind me." He simply answered.

"How can I not mind you? You seemed really bothered by something and I have a feeling that it's because of that dream you had last night which I am not allowed to talk about because I don't want to worry you more." He honestly said as he sighed.

"I'm just thinking about about that case we're investigating. Don't jump into conclusions, Chad." Cameron told him.

"You can't fool me, Detective Lee."

"Tss. You wanna know about my dream?"

Officer Chad twitched the corner of his lips. "If you can tell me, what did you dreamt about last night?" He questioned hesitantly.

"It's nothing serious. It's just some normal dreams like other dreams. Stop worrying about it and let's just keep working." Detective Lee stood up and walked away.

Devius just followed him with his eyes. He knows something was up. He has a feeling that Detective Lee is hiding something from him. He wanted to ask more but he doesn't want to force his partner to tell him if he's not ready yet. On the other hand, Cameron was really bothered by that dream but he doesn't want to think about anything. He wants to keep it just like that. If only his adopted father was here, it would be more easy for him because he's the only person he truly trusts.

"Senior! Wait for me." Officer Chad shouted as he run towards Cameron's direction.

"Hurry up." He shouted back.

Officer Chad smiled. "Senior, with the informations we have now, will we be able to catch the culprit sooner?" He questioned.

Detective Lee shoved his hands into his pants' pocket. "I can't say that the informations we have are enough to figured out the culprit's identity but I'll do everything to put that bastard behind bars."

"But like you said, the evidence aren't enough to point out who the suspect is. If only we could contact that Red guy again." Officer Chad took a deep breath.

"You're right. I tried calling the number he used multiple times but he never answered. It wasn't trackable either."

"But senior, do you think that Red guy knows more than he told us? Do you really think he knows the killer?"

Detective Lee shook his head. "I don't know but I have a feeling that he could bring us some information about the culprit. It's just that, he's not so willing to tell us more." He stated.

The two walked to the car and got inside. It's almost dark but they still have to go to some places for some investigation regarding the case. They've been everywhere since they head out of their apartment. Little did they know that with their every move, someone is watching from a far. Someone was wearing a black coat and in his hand was a cellphone. On his lips curved a devilish grin.