Chapter 59 : Traces of Memory

Officer Devius Chad sat up and curiously stared at Cameron's back. The burnt scar wasn't just a normal burnt mark. It must have been something serious because of how massive it is. It's almost occupying his upper back.

"Cai, did you have a mission before that involved getting into a building on fire?" Devius asked in curiosity.

Cameron turned to him with a confused expression. "I'm not a fire fighter. I haven't been into a mission that involved fire, only guns and bullets." He responded.

"Then where did you get the scar on your back?" Devius tilted his head in confusion.

Detective Lee looked at him as if he didn't understand. "A scar? What do you mean?" He asked.

Officer Chad wrinkled his forehead. "Yeah. The burnt mark on your upper back. Where did you get it?" He repeated.

"I don't have a burnt mark, Chad. I've never been to a fire." He shook his head but Devius is clearly seeing it.

"I swear there's a burnt mark behind your back. How come you don't know about it?" The officer insisted.

Cameron looked really confused for a bit because he doesn't remember being caught in a fire before for his mission. He ran to the bathroom and turned his back to the mirror to check it. That's when the scar on his back was revealed. Confusion is written all over his face.

'Why is it there? Where did I get this scar?' He asked himself, caressing his back.

He doesn't know he has such massive scar not until now because he never looked at himself on the mirror while naked. He just look at the mirror to check his clothes, if he was presentable and his appearance. Detective Lee was staring at his back from the mirror when he felt his head throbbing.

"Ah!" He winced as he held his head.

After hearing that, Devius immediately got up, put on his pants and ran to the bathroom to check on his partner. There, he saw Cameron, down on his knees while holding his head, looking like he's in a lot of pain. He quickly ran to his side and help him up.

"Cai, are you alright?" He asked in concern.

"M-My head hurts a lot. I-I feel dizzy." Cameron answered.

He felt like his head is going to explode from the pain. Then a blurry memory flashed into his mind. In that memory, he was inside the basement where he was held captivated for a long time. He could see the mirror and his reflection  from it. It's just a memory yet he felt as if he was really there.

"Lee Jin Hong..."

"Crimson..."

He heard two names being called. He tried to look around to find where the voice is coming from but he couldn't see anyone. When he turned to look at the mirror again, he saw the reflection of fire. It's just in his head but he could feel the hotness of it from his skin.

"Crimson! Come on!" He heard the voice again.

When he turned around, he saw another kid, trying to put out the fire using a blanket. When he turned to the small window, he saw another kid forcefully pulling the metal frame to make a way out for them. He couldn't see the figure clearly because the memory was so blurry but he can say that they were little boys. The figure of the boy putting out the fire turned to him, gesturing him with his hand to come to his direction. He slowly walked towards the boy, struggling.

"Crimson, help me put off the fire." The kid said.

Cameron wanted to say something but he couldn't open his lips. 'Who is Crimson?' He just asked in his mind.