Chapter 14 : Killer's Trophy 1

It's already 2 in the morning but Detective Cameron Lee and Police Officer Devius Chad are still wide awake looking at the information of the victims. Their belongings, relatives and everything that is connected to them. They both sat on the chair facing each other while the informations are laid on the table.
They've been doing it for the last two hours. Detective Lee stood up and placed his hand under his chin.

"You found something?" Devius looked up to him, he nodded.

"Here, look." Cameron picked up two pictures and said, "Gina Kang, an apron. George Michael, a watch."

"Well, the watched must be expensive because the guy's a professor but the apron? Why would he take the apron?" Devius asked in confusion.

Cameron shook his head. "I don't know but I'm gonna find out." He said.

"So, what about the others?"

"Mence David, his handkerchief. Sherril Henry, a ring. Sara Chain, a lase."

Officer Chad picked up three pictures from Detective Lee. He carefully and neatly placed it on the table. Then he picked up the rest and he laid them on the table one by one too as he uttered the victims' names. "Here's mine. Jona Ingrid, a bracelet. Mateo Jacker, slippers. Eunice Oscars, her beanie and Miranda Jameswood, her notebook."

Cameron furrowed his eyes brows and intently examined the pictures. Everyone is missing something, they are right about the killer's trophy but then, he saw one picture that fell on the floor.

He leaned down and picked up the picture. "What about Niana Penningson? What is she missing?" He asked Devius Chad.

Officer Chad thought for a moment and then shook his head. "She's not missing anything." He replied.

"What?"

"Yeah. Her family went to pickup her things last time and I asked them if something's missing but they said everything's there. She's not missing anything." Devius explained.

"That's impossible." Detective Lee whispered.

'Are we mistaken about the killer's trophy?'

"Hey, guys. You're not sleeping yet?" They both turned to Detective Parker when they heard him spoke.

"Nuh, but we're almost done, Detective Parker." Devius answered.

Kairo walked towards them and sat down. "You looked stressed. What is it?" He asked.

Cameron placed the picture on the table. "We can't find what is missing among Niana Penningson's belongings. If nothing's missing, we're wrong about the killer's trophy." He explained.

"Hmm? Why can't you find what's missing?" Kairo picked up the picture and looked.

"According from her family, all her things are there." Devius responded, Detective Parker just nodded.

After looking at the photo, he smiled and stood up. "Well, you're right. Nothing's missing but if you study this picture correctly, you'll see that a piece of something is missing." He said as he handed the picture to Cameron.

"Then, what is missing, Parker?"

Detective Parker smiled. "You should find out yourself. I'll get going now." He winked and then he left.

Cameron could only shook his head as he looked at the direction where Kairo left. He then stared carefully on the picture, trying to find out what is missing. He can't see anything. Her purse is with her, her shoes, her jewelries. There seemed to be nothing missing but then he saw it.

'What? Gotcha!'

"Hey, Chad, look."

"What?"

"A part of her dress is torn apart." He mumbled, Devius Chad quickly went to him and looked at the picture.