Chapter 71 : The Story 1

The officer was just sitting straight on the chair. His hands and legs are still tied up. He doesn't seem to be afraid nor nervous at all. Ju Jin Su admires his braveness but he also felt a bit worried. Even though he knows that Red won't do anything harmful towards him, he couldn't predict the future and he might be wrong. He'd known Red for a long time but he wasn't sure sometimes of what was going on inside the guy's head. Even if he won't kill anyone if there wasn't any reason to end their lives, though he trust Red will never hurt anyone who didn't do anything bad towards him or towards anyone, he still felt worried. Ju Jin Su walked towards him and sat on the old wooden chair near him.

"Officer, are you still awake?" Ju Jin Su asked, Officer Chad turned his head to his direction, indicating that he is awake. "You can't fall asleep?"

"How can I fall asleep if it's so uncomfortable? I was abducted and being held captive. My hands and legs are tied and this blindfold was a bit tight." He casually said.

Ju Jin Su cracked a smile. "Do you want me to take off your blindfold or should I untie you? Will it make you comfortable?" He asked.

Devius was silent for a while. Thinking if he was being tricked or the person in that room was really gonna do it. He really found his voice and his presence very familiar. It's as if they have spent some time before. If he thinks about it, he sounded like Cameron but he isn't. They way he spoke is more calm and soothing than the detective.

"What?"

"I'm asking you, if you want me to remove your blindfold so you could feel comfortable." Ju Jin Su repeated.

"Would you really do that?" The latter asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Ju Jin Su let out a quiet laugh, shaking his head. He stood up and went to get the masked hanged on the wall. He used it to cover his face and went back to Devius. He stared at the police officer before starting to remove his blindfold. Officer Chad held his breath while the action is being done then he slowly opened his eyes. He closed it again to adjust to the blurry surroundings. When his vision finally recovered, he looked at Ju Jin Su. He couldn't see his face because of the mask covering it.

"Do you feel more comfortable now?" Ju Jin Su asked.

Officer Chad nodded his head. "Yes, I do." He answered. Then he looked at Ju Jin Su's familiar eyes. "Who are you really? Why are you doing this? You're not like Red, you're not a bad person." Officer Chad confusedly added.

"How sure are you that I'm not a bad person?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure but for some reason, I feel comfortable around you. It's as if I have known you before." Devius explained.

Ju Jin Su smiled under the mask he is wearing and shook his head. "You don't know me at all, Officer Chad."

"Maybe, I don't. What's your name?"

"Ju Jin Su. For now, that's the only thing I can tell you. Also, you're right, I'm not like Red but I am not as kind as you think, officer. I could be worst than him because he has all the reason to do this while my only reason is him." He said in a long litany.

"What do you mean? What is Red's motive? What is the reason behind all his actions? Why is he doing this? What did Cai do to him?" Devius asked again.

Ju Jin Su sighed. "You will know when the time comes. Also, you don't have to worry because he will never hurt you." He said.

Officer Chad doesn't know if he could believe those words from Ju Jin Su. He sees Red as a villain but for some reason, every time Red was around him, he doesn't feel too much danger. He felt like Red wouldn't hurt him because if he really wanted to, he would have used the officer's blood to trick Detective Lee instead of wounding himself.