Chapter 36 : Strange Heartbeat

Officer Chad couldn't take his eyes off of Detective Cameron Lee. He's still curious about his partner's nightmares because he really seemed bothered after waking up from those nightmares. Devius wanted to ask but he is aware that it wasn't his business. He also doesn't want to make it hard for Detective Lee.

"Keep staring at me and I'll pull your eyes out." Devius quickly shifted his eyes to other direction when Detective Lee spoke.

"Who's staring at you? No one's staring at you." He slightly panicked for no reason.

"Tss! Get up, we have to go somewhere." Detective Lee commanded.

Officer Chad looked at him confusedly and asked, "Where are we going, senior?"

"I got some information that someone might know the culprit and he works at the bar." Detective Lee answered.

"Does that mean we might also find a clue about Michael's mother?" He excitedly asked, Detective Lee nodded. "Then, let's go to that bar right now, senior."

"Wait a minute, Chad." Cameron stopped Officer Chad who was about to head to the door.

"What is it? Did you forget something, senior?" Devius innocently queried.

Detective Lee took a deep breath and faced him directly. "Will you stop calling me senior? I sounded too old with how you address me."

"What do you want me to call you, then?"

"Cai..."

"What?"

"Just call me Cai." Cameron explained.

A big smile curved on Officer Chad's lips upon hearing it. "Aye! Aye! Captain, I mean, Cai."

"Tss. What's there to be so happy about?" Detective Lee rolled his eyes trying to hide the smile in his lips. "Let's go, now." He diverted the subject.

"Ehem! Wait, wait. You can't go there looking like that." Chief Simon interrupted them.

"Chief!" Both men saluted.

Chief Simon smiled and walk towards them. "You don't have to be so formal." She said.

"Anyway, Chief, what do you mean we can't go there like this?" Officer Chad questioned her while looking at himself.

"Yeah, we're only going to investigate." Detective Lee seconded.

"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!" Chief Simon shook her head while sighing. "Yes, you're going to investigate and you guys look exactly like a man of authority."

"Because we are." Cameron stated.

"I know, that's why you need some disguise. Come with me." She held them in their wrists and pulled them together to her office.

When the door was finally swung open, two fancy clothes were exposed to them. Detective Lee and Officer Chad both looked at each other, confused. They looked at the clothes again then turned to their superior in unison.

"What is all these?" Cameron asked.

Chief Simon turned to them with a smile. "You'll wear that at the bar." She enunciated.

"WHAT!?" They both asked.

"Chief, I'm not wearing that. I'm already thirty years old and I'm not wearing an outfit for a teenager." Detective Lee stubbornly refused immediately.

Officer Chad's reaction was different because there were traces of joy and excitement on his face while looking at the clothes. He smiled and turned to Cameron.

Cameron already know what was in his partner's mind. "No, I won't wear that, Chad." He firmly said.

"Cai, you'll look great in those. Trust me, you don't look like your age at all. You even look younger than me." Devius argued.