Chapter 32 : The Forgotten Door

Days had passed and all they did was investigate and investigate more about the case and gather more information they could get about the culprit. Detective Lee and Officer Chad were out the headquarters all day long and their only rest was when they're at the apartment to take a bath or have a little nap. They were also busy finding out about the guy named Red. Because after talking to Detective Lee that day, he never called again. They tried tracking the number he used but it was untraceable, just like the culprit's phone number. One evening, while both men are walking up to their apartment, Officer Chad saw a very familiar looking lady standing not so far away from their distance.

"Senior, do you see that old lady?" He told Detective Lee without taking his eyes off of the person.

"Huh? What lady? Where?" Detective Lee asked looking around.

Officer Chad pointed at her direction with his lips. "There."

"Isn't she the one who pointed us to the second witness before? She's that lady, right?" Cameron questioned upon remembering that it was the same person whom they met before as the first witness who could possibly tell the whereabouts of the culprit.

"Yes, she's that old lady and she's been following us since this morning. I saw her everywhere we went." Devius added.

"Hmm. I thought it was just a coincidence but if you noticed that too, that means she's really following us." Cameron stated.

Detective Lee also noticed earlier that she was everywhere but she doesn't look suspicious at all that's why he ignored it. But seeing her here again for God knows how many times, it was far more than a coincidence especially because Officer Chad noticed her presence too. She must be following them. Both men looked at each other and marched towards the lady. She didn't move and just stayed standing at her place, it's like she's waiting, as the two men approached her. As they got nearer, the dirt on the lady's hands are visible now. Detective Lee and Officer Chad felt a little worried about the woman's safety.

"Granny, do you need something? Do you need help? Are you alright?" Officer Chad asked in concern.

Instead of answering him, the old lady lifted her head and face towards Detective Lee. She gave him a sad smile as she took a step forward. Cameron felt a bit confused but still didn't move. He just looked at the old lady with his usual expressionless face.

"Granny, are you alright? You've been following us since this morning." Detective Lee asked, wrinkling his forehead.

"Young man, can I asked you a question?" The old lady asked in a weak voice, she sounded sick.

Detective Lee grew more concerned because the lady look pale. "Granny, are you ill?"

"Son, I have to ask you something." She insisted.

"You can asked me anything later but first, we have to take you to the hospital. You don't seem fine." Cameron held her in both shoulders.

The old lady smiled and shook her head. "I'll be fine but I really have to ask you this question, young man. It can't wait." She eagerly said.

Cameron and Devius looked at each other. They are both concerned about the lady's well-being but they are sure she won't bulge even if they insist on taking her to the hospital. They are also curious about what she has to say because she's been following them since this morning.

"Then, what do you want to asked, granny?" Detective Lee mumbled.

"Have you found the key?" She asked, making both men confused.

"What key, granny?" Officer Chad asked the old lady but she didn't answer him.

"Young man, have you found the key?" She asked again.