Chapter 30 : Who Is Red?

Detective Lee stared at the two words flashed on the screen of his phone. He was expecting another riddle but instead it's just a two word sentence that was sent to him. When Officer Chad saw that his partner was looking at his phone, he already assumed it's the texter from last time. He walked towards Cameron's direction and stood in front of him.

"Senior, what's that? Another riddle?" He asked.

Cameron shook his head. "No."

"What?"

"It's not a riddle, Chad." Detective Lee repeated.

"Hmm? Then what?" Devius asked in confusion then Detective Lee turned his phone to him.

"Here."

"What is that?"

"Read it." Detective Lee commanded.

Officer Chad took the phone from Cameron's hand and looked at it. "I'm Red." He read the message.

He also gave the same expression as Detective Lee. He looked at the phone then to his partner again. Then he tilted his head as if he's trying to think and figure out what the text means.

"There's only two word here, it says I'm Red." He said in confusion.

Cameron nodded. "Yeah."

"But who is Red?" He asked.

Detective Lee shrugged his shoulder. "I have no idea. It's the same guy who kept sending me riddles yesterday." He voiced out.

"Then, do you think Red is a name or a was it the color, senior?" Devius asked.

Detective Lee shrugged his shoulder. "I have no idea."

Devius went silent and thought for a while because the word Red is somehow familiar to him. It's as if he heard it before. Then Officer Chad's expression changed from confusion into something like surprised or shocked. He came running to Officer Bruce Kish.

"Hey, Kish, what's the caller's name again?" He asked.

"Sir?" The officer asked in confusion.

Devius rolled his eyes and said, "The one who reported about the corpse. What he's name again?" He made it clearer.

"Oh. He's name is Red, sir. He didn't say it directly but hinted us that we'll find his name here and the only word we found around the perimeter is Red." Officer Kish politely answered.

Devius felt a different kind of feeling. He felt worried, confused and everything. He stared at the phone then turned to the officer again.

"Did you managed to save the number of that caller?" He eagerly asked.

The officer nodded. "The operator must have saved it, sir."

"Good, send it to me ASAP!" He commanded.

He took a deep breath then went to Detective Lee again, Officer Chad handed the phone to him while saying, "I think the one who called the police about the murder in this place is the same person who has been sending you those riddles, senior."