Chapter 6 : The Lady In Red

As soon as the three arrived at the place where someone screamed, they saw the body of a lady lying down on the floor while her terrified face was lying sideways. She's bathing in her own blood oozing from her neck. Detective Lee immediately went near to make a clearer view of the crime scene. The girl has a gunshot wound in the middle of her eyebrows and her neck was also slit open. Her eyes was still wide open. Her expression was really terrifying. Even some blood are coming out of her mouth and ears. Aside from her injury on her head and neck, causing her immediate death, no trace of anything can be seen.

There isn't a single trace that she fought back or if she even have the time to do so. There's no wound caused by struggling. The gunshot wound could have been shot from afar but the wound on her neck was clearly done face to face.

'How the hell can someone do this when there's tons of people in here?' Cameron thought with a serious face.

"Oh my God! Is she dead?" A girl wearing a glittery jacket and black leather skirt asked, covering her mouth.

"Her head was shot and her neck is slit open, who could live after such wound, lady?" A man sarcastically answered.

"Oh my God!" A girl covered her mouth, trembling.

Officer Devius Chad looked at the girl. She must be the one who shouted from earlier. She must also be the first one to see the corpse. Detective Lee knelt down and checked the pulse of the victim and it was gone. Of course, she's already dead after being shot but it's been a routine to check for the pulse. Detective Lee sighed and stood up. He looked around, looking for a possible space to where the culprit could be hiding but the place isn't that covered and not much spot can be a good hiding place.

The girl was killed by a bullet and a sharp object but no one heard a gunshot sound, the culprit must have put a silencer to reduce the sound of the gun as he shoot his target.

"But what about the wound on her neck?' Cameron held his chin. It must have been a sudden attack that the girl didn't have a time to react, that's why no one heard her asking for help. "Or, is it possible that she's already slit in the neck when she was shot?"

Officer Devius Chad went to the girl and helped her get away from the scene. Officer Isaac Chase helped in asking the guests to step away from the crime scene. Everyone was in shocked but most people still wanted to see the girl's corpse.

"Really, nosy." Devius thought.

"Is she really dead?" The girl asked again. Her body is shivering and tears are flowing down her face. She's really shocked.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." Officer Chad could only give her a comforting smile.

Before the girl and Officer Chad can get far, Detective Lee stopped them. "Did you see what happened?" Detective Lee seriously asked, the girl was so shocked that she can't even say a word.

The detective studied her appearance. By looking at her height and face, she must be between fifteen to eighteen years old. She looked really scared and is impossible to answer if being asked.

"Senior Lee, Devius," Officer Chase approached them.

"Isaac, can you take care of her for me?" Officer Chad asked.

"Huh? Y-Yeah, sure." His friend nodded.

Officer Chad then walked towards the crowd who're busy peeking. "Stay away from the crime scene. Move your way. Move! Move!" He commanded them. "No one's allowed to leave the perimeter. Everyone is considered a prime suspect for this crime. You can call your lawyers but no one is leaving until we say so." He added as he carefully push the guests away.