Chapter 57 : The Picture

The drive was quite comfortable because the rain has finally stopped and the there isn't a single traffic om their way. As soon as Detective Lee and Officer Chad entered the headquarters, Chief Simon immediately asked for them to meet her at her office. Both men were clueless but they still went to the office together as they know that it's about the case.

"Detective Lee, Officer Chad, come on in." Chief Simon stated, offering them a seat.

Both men saluted. "Chief, I thought the meeting will be held after Detective Parker is discharged?" Detective Lee asked, sitting down.

"That's what is supposed to happen but I found out something that really concerns me and I really need to show you." She stood up from her sit, carrying a brown envelope.

"What is it, Chief?" Officer Chad questioned.

Chief Simon went beside Cameron and handed him the envelope. "See it for yourself and tell me what you think about it." She said.

Despite of the confusion, Detective Lee opened the envelope and saw a folder inside it. Devius also stood up to look into it too. When Cameron opened the folder, there were some pictures of different places, walls and houses there. At first, it was just some normal types of photos for him. But after looking into more photos, a certain picture caught his eyes. It was a picture of two young boys, standing beside each other. The other boy looks a bit older but his face wasn't recognizable because of how old it is. While the younger's face was erased using a pen. The wall behind them was the most that caught the detective's attention. It's because he was familiar with it. He was very familiar with it. When he looked at the next photo, it was of another kids again and behind them was the same wall. There were also two boys but this time, the kids looked just the same age. The other boy's face was scratched with pen again while the other one was so clear.

"Eh? Cai, that kid looks like you." Devius giggled, pointing at the other boy's photo.

Cameron picked up the picture. "...because it's me but I don't remember that I have taken such photo." He stated while looking at it.

"Really? That's you? Then who's the kid beside you?" Officer Chad asked again.

Detective Lee shook his head. "I don't know. I can't remember."

"Cameron, that envelope and those photos were sent here earlier. It was addressed to you but you never had delivery here so I became suspicious. I took a peek in it and then I saw those." Chief Simon narrated, going back to her seat.

"Chief, did you know the name of the person who sent these?" Cameron asked, really eager.

"Well, the delivery guy didn't say anything but he left you a note." Chief Simom said while searching on her drawer. "Here, I didn't check on that."

Devius and Cameron looked at each other, confused. "It's a gift from someone you know. All the memories are in there. All the clues were inside that envelope. The murders, that mysterious guy named Red, your adopted father's disappearance and the whole truth about you. It's for you to find out. I'll leave the rest to you, Crimson." Officer Chad read out loud.

"Crimson... Crimson?" Detective Lee repeated the name.

"Cai, who is Crimson? Do you know anyone named Crimson?" Officer Chad asked.

"I can't remember, Chad. But the name Crimson sounds familiar to me. Maybe I've heard it before." The man responded.

"But why would someone send something like that? Do you think it's a misunderstanding? Maybe they sent it in the wrong address?"

"I don't know, Chad. But some of the pictures looks familiar to me. Those places were from my childhood. I think, it's not misunderstanding especially with notes' content. Someone deliberately sent this to me." Detective Lee said in a long litany.