Chapter 75 : Safe or Save

It was a bit of a long drive before Cameron could reach his destination. Inside him, thoughts were building up in an unbelievable speed. Just thinking of the place is making him sick. All the memories he had in that place was not pleasant at all, it was a total nightmare. And after finding out the real reason behind Harold's decision to adopt him, Cameron doesn't wanna come back to that place anymore if possible, but thinking about Officer Devius Wayne Chad, Detective Kairo Sedis Parker and Gong Seuk Tae - he knew he had to. His fear is less important than those people's lives, especially when it's Devius who's at stake. Detective Cameron Lee is willing to do anything just to make sure that Devius got out of Red's claws.

It was a long time ago since he felt like he had a companion. The feeling of not being alone is very important to him especially because it's Devius who made him feel it. No matter what happens, he couldn't let anything bad to happen against the man he loves even if saving him means he has to give up his own life.

Cameron felt his phone vibrating inside his pocket and when he took it out, he saw that it was Harold who's calling. He wanted to ignore it but in the end, he answered the call with a sigh and put it in speaker mode so he could hear.

"Camz, where are you?" Harold asked, he sounded worried.

Detective Lee took a deep breath before answering. "I'm going to save, Devius. I won't just sit still and do nothing, dad."

"But you should have asked for some company. Where are you? I'm going there too."

"The orphanage where we met." Cameron simply answered.

Harold sighed on the other line. "Don't go in without me, I'm on my way." He said then he hung up.

Cameron glanced at the phone and then continued driving. He knew that his adopted father was worried but also, looking back at all the times that he spent with Harold was motivating him. Remembering and getting his memories back from the forgotten part of his childhood is making him want to do more than just wait for his superior's command.

"I won't repeat the same mistake again." He mumbled, remembering the kid who died from saving him in his childhood.  He might not have seen nor could he remember his face from his memories, the fact that the kid sacrificed his life for him makes him guilty and greatful at the same time. "I might have failed to protect and save you before but I'll make sure that I won't do the same mistake again. I might not have been able to save you from being devoured by the monstrous fire back then, I will return the favor by making sure that Devius will not be harmed." He promised, gripping the steering wheel.

While driving, Detective Lee couldn't help but feel nervous and anxious at the same time. His palms were sweating and his body is a bit trembling. He remembered that it was so long time ago since he felt this way. He swallowed hard and stepped on the accelerator so speed up his pace. He wanted to get to the place as soon as possible to save the officer but also, he doesn't silently wished for the road to get longer and longer so he doesn't have to arrived at the place he called his second nightmare.

"I can't let my own feelings get over me. I must save Chad. I must save him and make sure that he wouldn't get hurt." He kept motivating himself. "Devius, please be safe until I come to you." Cameron pleaded while gripping tightly on the steering wheel.

After a few minutes, he was almost in his destination — the orphanage. His heart was pumping really hard it could break his ribs. Both the fear of that place and fear for Officer Chad, Detective Parker and Gong Seuk Tae's safety are making him lose his sanity. As he gets nearer and nearer to his destination, his hands started to tremble even more. He tried really hard to fight his own fear and he will never let it defeat him.