Chapter 53 : Secretly Caring

The rain is pouring hard and most of the hospital staffs are doing their works. The hall way was quiet and the only think that could be heard are someone's careful footsteps. Some patients are watching the rain from their windows and some are sleeping and resting in their hospital beds. At one of the rooms, a phone ringing was heard. Ju Jin Su answered it in an almost whispered voice.

"Hello, Hyeol. Why did you call me?" He mumbled.

"Don't ask me that question. Are you alright?" The voice from the other line was concerned which made Jin Su smile.

"Yes, I am. I also did as you asked me. You should have seen their reaction, they were so worried." He chuckled.

"I know. I know. When I called them, that detective was so worried and mad. That made me feel a bit satisfied but I think you did it too much. I told you to just stab a little and make it look bad but not do it seriously and stab deeply. I don't want anyone getting killed that isn't in my plan." Red said followed by a sigh.

"I also didn't mean to stabbed that deep, I just got out of control."

"Still, you shouldn't do much next time."

"Don't worry anymore, I just did what I think will make them worry. I'll see you soon, Hyeol." After that, they hung up.

Ju Jin Su placed the phone inside his pocket and watched the heavy rain pouring outside. Everything was so quiet and all he could hear was the sound of the rain. He glanced at the mirror on the side of the hospital bed and then he turned to his hands. It's as if he could still see the stains of blood in it and he could feel his body aching from all the chaos he did to fulfill Red's favor. He took a deep breath and sat on the bed, looking at the man in front of him.

"Kairo Sedis Parker, it's true that a wild grass doesn't die that easy. I guess even a deep stab wound wouldn't kill you. Tsk. How lucky." He mumbled with a smirk while shaking his head.

He took a deep breath as he stood up and walked towards the window.  He knew he can't stay like that because Detective Cameron Lee and Officer Devius Chad might arrive at the hospital anytime soon and he couldn't get caught or no one would help Red anymore.

'Just a little more time. We're almost there, Hyeol.' He thought.

On the other hand, Red was walking around the room he was in, feeling worried about his so-called right hand man, Ju Jin Su. Because even if he never said it directly, he considers the man as his only family and friend because the person who was once very important to him, did nothing but betray him from the very start.

'Maybe a it's true that a heartless man still has a heart after all.'

Red secretly cares for him. He was worried about Ju Jin Su being caught as he was at the hospital right now. The rain was also getting heavier and heavier, it wouldn't be easy for him to sneak out and go to Jin Su's location. Also, if there's something he is most scared of, it's the sound of the thunder and the sight of a lightning because the thunder sounded like a bomb and the lightning was as bright as an explosion.

'Fuck it!'

He tried calming himself but when he couldn't take the worry anymore, he went straight to the bathroom and took of his clothes. Upon seeing his reflection in the mirror, he gritted his teeth. It's the most disgusting sight for him even if it's his own. His body was full of burnt scars from his childhood. But the only scar that hurt him the most was the scar on his heart. He got that after saving someone who didn't even try to help him after nor look at him ones. He lost his brother because he saved him. Red felt enraged every time he remembers that moment.

"Damn it!" He cussed.

He quickly put his black hoodie and pants. He doesn't want to look suspicious if he wants to make sure Ju Jin Su's safety. After making sure that he looks just fine, he changed his expression from angry to innocent. He got out of the room but saw no one on the door so he just went straight out.

While in Cameron and Devius' apartment, they were still cuddling in the bed. Detective Lee was wide awake now but he stayed to bed just so he could stare at the sleeping Devius.

"Cai, are we not getting up yet?" Officer Chad asked after opening his eyes.

"Let's stay like this for a while, can we?" He smiled, stroking his partner's hair.

"But we have to go to the hospital to visit Detective Parker, they said he could be awake by now. We still have to go back to the headquarters to continue our investigation." Devius said but Detective Lee just embraced him tightly.

"I know but it's still raining hard outside." He reasoned.

Officer Chad smiled and hugged him too. "Cai, why are you being clingy now? You went from a frightening wolf to a cute little puppy."

"Tss! How dare you compare me to a dog?" Detective Lee said and placed a peck on his forehead.

"Cai—"

Devius was about to teased Cameron again but the guy's phone rung. Detective Lee took the phone and sat up to answer it, Officer Chad just waited and listened.

"Hello?" Cameron greeted.

"Good morning, Detective Lee. I just want to inform you that Detective Kairo Sedis Parker woke up already and he's looking for the both of you." The nurse from the hospital said.

Upon hearing that, the pair quickly got up and started getting ready. They were both happy and relieved that their friend already woke up but aside from that, they also wanted to find out the truth about what really happened.

After getting ready, they both hopped into the car and drove to the hospital. While driving on their way, Detective Lee spotted someone familiar walking on the road, getting soaked by the rain. He quickly pulled over to his side and rolled down the window.

"Seuk Tae? What are you doing in the rain? Why did you leave your safe place?" He worriedly asked.

The kid turned to him, looking so pitiful and wet. He looked confused at first but when he recognized Cameron, his face quickly lit up and he smiled.

"Detective Lee!" Gong Seuk Tae called him in excitement as he leaned towards the window.

"What are you doing here? Get in the car." Cameron ordered to which the kid followed.

"I'm glad to see you, Detective Lee and you too, Officer Chad." The kid smiled as he closed the door on his side.

"You didn't answer my question yet, Seuk Tae. Why are you outside soaking in the rain? Don't you know that it's dangerous? The culprit is still on the loose." Detective Lee lectured, Gong Seuk Tae scratched the back of his head and lowered his gaze.

"Well, I was just wondering what happened to Detective Parker because he hasn't visited me the passed several days and even you, you didn't come to visit me either. I was curious and then I overheard my guards talking that he was in the hospital, so I sneaked out to pay him a visit." The kid explained in a long litany, Detective Lee could do nothing but sigh.

"Then, where's your guards? You should have asked them to accompany you at least, right?" Officer Chad turned to the backseat.

"I don't know where they were, maybe they're resting or having their breakfast." Seuk Tae shrugged his shoulders.

"Nevermind. Just next time, don't just go outside by your own because it's too dangerous and it's raining pretty heavily. Look at yourself, you're all wet. You'll get sick if you don't change your clothes." Detective Lee said while focusing at the road.

"Yeah. Why didn't you at least brought any umbrella or wore a raincoat?" Officer Chad seconded.

Seuk Tae pouted his lips then smiled. "I was so worried that I forgot to take anything with me." He laughed.

Both the elders glanced at each other as they nod their heads in unison. They both understand the kid but they're just worried about him. Being outside at this time and this kind of situation isn't advisable to anyone because they can be a victim for the culprit's crimes.