Chapter 77 : FIND ME, DETECTIVE

When Detective Lee parked the car, he didn't got out immediately. He tried his best to calm himself first. When he finally got the courage to hop out, he was greeted by a cold breeze which send chills to his spine. He wasn't a coward but the sight of the abandoned building is sending shiver to him.

Cameron saw that the place was surrounded by darkness as it was only almost one in the morning. The only noise that could be heard were the leaves of the trees rubbing against each other, the dried leaves under his shoes and the night birds on the trees.

The detective clutched his fists. The cold breeze is chilling and it make him shiver every time it brushes to his skin. In addition to that, just the sight of the place is making his whole body tremble. It's as if he was in front of hell, waiting for the demons to take him in. The demons he once saw in human forms. The orphanage looked rusty and old but it didn't changed a bit. It was still looking like that scary, nightmarish place he once lived in. The ambiance was still uncomfortable just like before. All the memories came rushing to him, making his head hurt and his heart to beat faster.

Cameron clutched his fists as he swallowed hard. "You have to face your fears, Cameron. You have to save them. You have to save Devius, Seuk Tae and Parker." He encouraged himself.

He had a hard time taking a step forward after taking a deep breath. He clutched his hands tightly and he could feel his palms getting sweaty. Step by step, little by little, his heart was slowly beating faster and faster—like a horse on the race. All the painful and miserable memories he had in that place were rushing to him like a tsunami. He felt like he wanted to cry already. It's almost impossible to fight the fear that's slowly growing inside his whole system, eating him.

"Come on, Cameron, put yourself together or Devius and the others will be in danger." He told himself, hoping that the thought of the man will make him calm.

But when he was only a few meters away from the rusty, old metal gate of the abandoned orphanage, a flash of memory came to him. It was the memory of a little boy standing at the gate, waving and smiling at him. It's not very clear but he was sure it's one of the boys he always saw in his memory with the fire. The boy was happily waving his hands on him but it confused Cameron as he had never gotten out of the basement before the fire incident happened, so how could he have such memories? He knew that the boy died after the fire because if saving him while the younger one never showed himself because he doesn't recall ever meeting him before he was taken by Harold Lee.

'How? Why do I have a memory of you?' Cameron furrowed his brows in confusion.

He stopped walking and stared at the gate, still recalling the memory. He saw himself as a child, standing on the same spot where he was right now. He could see the little boy's lips moving, he's probably mumbling something but he couldn't hear it.

"What? Couldn't take a step closer anymore? Are you afraid?" A familiar voice dragged him out of the memory. "If you're scared, just run away and leave — just like what you did before."

Detective Lee looked around but saw no one. "Who are you? Where's Devius? Where are Gong Seuk Tae and Detective Parker?" He consecutively asked, shouting.

A laugher echoed from the whole place. "They're in this building. You can go and look for them if you want but the question is... can you take another step closer to the place you consider as your second nightmare?" The man said in a really sarcastic tone.

"I will look for them, take them with me and I'll make sure that you'll pay for everything you're doing!" Detective Lee angrily said but he just got another laugher from the man.

"Oh. That's scary, I'm so scared." He teases.

"You should be, because I'll make sure that you'll spend the rest of your miserable life behind bars for everything you did." The detective threatened but inside him, he was scared of placing a single foot in that place.

On the darkest corner inside the building, Red had a huge smirk on his face while playing with the knife on his hands and watching Detective Lee standing in front of the old, rusty gate of the abandoned orphanage. It was dark but he could still see the detective through the slightest light from the moon that's slowly being covered by clouds. He might not see it clearly but he knows that Detective Lee is scared to enter the place and that makes him satisfied. He wanted to see the fear in his eyes. He wanted to see his hands and knees trembling from fear. He wanted to see him run away like a scared puppy.

A devilish grin curved on his face as he begun speaking again. "Detective, how are you gonna save your little boyfriend if you're trembling like that?" He teased and laughed.

"Red, you'll pay for this!" He shouted.

"Me? Paying? Seems like I forget to tell you something, Mr. Detective... I've always been the one who had been owed. I don't have to pay because I'm just here to seize what has been in-depth to me. I'm here to take what is rightfully mine." Red stated with a chuckle.

"In depth to you? Those people you killed has nothing to do with you, you psycho. Does Devius, Gong Seuk Tae and Kairo Parker even involved with you, what are you talking about? Depth? Seizing what is rightfully yours? That's bullshit, Red. You're the one who took other people's lives. You're the one in depth to their families!" Detective Lee yelled.

"Really? You call everything bullshit?What do you know about me and those trash?" Red's sarcastic tone became more serious. "They abused and killed children, do they deserve to live? My reasons are bullshit? Oh, really? Let's see if you could still say the same after I tell you everything, you ungrateful bastard!" The anger in his voice was well hidden.

Detective Lee went silent for a while. He felt angry and eager to get inside the orphanage and save everyone but his body is trembling just by looking at the eerie place. He looked around but couldn't see anything. He knows that Red was just somewhere around but he couldn't point out where the voice is coming from.

"What? Looking for me?" Red questioned upon seeing the detective's action.

"If you're a real man, show yourself to me. Don't hide like a coward, Red!" Detective Lee challenged.

Red smirked. "If you can enter the building, you might find me but if you're scared then just run away like a little kid." Red responded, the other went silent which made Red smirked more. "What? Are you that scared to even run away or say something?" He teases again.

"I'm not. I'm not scared!" He said but knew to himself that he is.

Red tilted his head on the side and chuckled. "Oh! Are you not? Then come here and get me. Save your little prince from my grasps. Save him before I take his life."

"Don't you dare hurt Devius, Red! I'm warning you, if you lay a finger on him, I'll slit your throat!"

"I'm so scared, detective, but you're running out of time. Tic tac, tic tac!" Red teased which made the detective so annoyed.

Cameron closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He knows that if couldn't overcome his fear, there will be more people that will be in danger. If he let his childhood phobia take over him, those people who are important tp him will be at risk. He couldn't just let Devius, Gong Seuk Tae and Detective Parker get hurt just because of his personal feelings when he's the only one who could save them now.

He has only one choice and that is to enter the building. He needs to get inside the orphanage and save the most important person to him. Detective Lee took another deep breath and finally opened the rusty gate. A loud creaking noise was heard because the gate was too old and rusty. A dash of cold wind brushed to his face. He started walking and when he got to the wooden door, he saw a newly carved words there. It was dark so he had to get closer in order to read it.

The word simply says : FIND ME, DETECTIVE.

It was clearly curved by a knife. He looked around, hoping to see anyone but failed. He knew Red did it. Cameron slowly and carefully opened the door. He was hesitating and his palms were sweating very hard. His knees are trembling and his heart were pounding like it would break away from his ribs. His brain is telling him he couldn't do it but his heart knew that he has to.