Chapter 5 : A Misunderstanding

Both men stared knives and bullets at each other. If you know war, that's what they're doing but with their eyes. No one is coward enough to dare look away. It's as if two lions are standing face to face.

Gun still aimed at his forehead, Detective Lee asked the stranger. "What do you want?"

The stranger took out something from the pocket behind his pants. "Police Officer Devius Wayne Chad of Sienna Metropolitan Police Agency, you look suspicious and I don't trust your actions." He showed him his badge.

'What? This jerk is a police officer? He doesn't look one.'

Detective Lee furrowed after seeing that this playful jerk in front of him is also a police officer. From his first impression, he thought he's some kind of rich spoiled brat kid who spends their parents' money on not so important things like alcohol and other drugs. He doesn't look a tiny bit of a man in service.

Detective Lee then raised on of his eyebrows. "A police officer, indeed but if you hold your gun like that, it'll be easy to snatch it away from you." He gestured Officer Chad's hand.

"Tss! I don't—"

"Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee? Senior, is that you?" Officer Isaac Chase cut Officer Devius Chad's statement.

"Do you know him, Isaac?" Officer Chad shifted his gaze to his friend with confusion.

Officer Chase nodded. "Hell yeah! He's my senior, my inspiration."

"That's cringe but, is he really a detective?"

"Man, he isn't just a detective. He's the best."

"Hey, enough with the flattery. That's a simple yes or no question, my friend." Officer Chad cringed.

He looked at Detective Lee again, furrowing his eyebrows. He still doesn't want to believe because the man in front of him looks younger than his friend to be his senior. Detective Lee then sighed and took out his badge lazily, showing it to the Officer.

"Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee of Korean National Police Agency." He introduced himself.

"Well, that's in Korea but I serve at Doughan Detective Agency."

Officer Chad stared at Detective Lee for a moment before turning to look at his badge. He doesn't want to believe at first because he knew that this kind of things could be faked, even if his friend told him he's a senior but he lowered his gun. He sighed and looked at Detective Lee.

"Are you...really a detective?" Half of him is still hesitant.

Officer Chase held his friend's arm. "Devius Wayne, why are you asking him like that. I'm telling you, he's my senior. He's our senior."

Officer Chad looked at Officer Chase and sighed. "How can he be our senior, he looks so young. Also, he looked like a prince." He whispered.

Detective Lee sighed and put his badge back to his pocket. "If you don't believe me, call your superior and ask for my name."

"Why would I do that?" Devius  asked.

"Why else? So you will believe that I am a detective and I'm here for a mission."

"Tss. I don't easily believe anyone, you know? Names can be taken from anyone. A detective's name can be faked too."