Chapter 27 : Riddles

Detective Lee has been staring at his computer for hours. He's trying to figure out something with the little clues they have but no matter how hard he tries, he couldn't find anything helpful to the investigation. He's also thinking about the possibility that the culprit must have encountered them before. The possibility that the culprit is just around them but they didn't know. Devius, on the other hand, was just watching his partner, probably thinking the same thing. He sighed and took his phone out when it vibrated. When he opened it, he saw a message from the culprit's number.

'You have some clue now? That's right, I am just around watching you. But you don't have to fear me because I'm gonna make it easier for you.' That's what the message said.

That time, Cameron's phone vibrated too and a text message was sent. The number wasn't familiar at all and it wasn't saved in his contacts either. He furrowed his brows before opening it.

'The night was dark, so is the memory of our past. I kept looking at the sky, always asking why but the only answer I get is die.'

"What the hell is this?" Detective Lee asked in confusion, staring at the message on his phone.

Officer Chad heard him talking that's why he stood up and walked towards him. Cameron looked at his phone before turning to his partner.

"Did you also get a message, senior?" Devius asked, Detective Lee nodded.

"It's more like a riddle than a message." He showed Officer Chad his phone.

"The only answer I get is die? What does that mean?" Devius read out loud.

"I don't know either." Cameron shrugged his shoulder.

Officer Chad took his partner's phone and looked at the number but it wasn't the same as the culprit who was texting him. He returned the phone to it's owner and sighed. He kept thinking about the message of riddle. When lunch time came, both of them went to eat at the nearest restaurant again. As they were eating, Cameron felt like there were some eyes on him. It's as if he is being watched. He simply looked around but saw no one. Then he felt his phone vibrating again. He took it out and another message was in.

'You can fight but you can't hide, choose to forget if you want but your past will come for hunt.'

"Senior, what is wrong?" Devius asked when he noticed Cameron looking at his phone with a dark face.

"It's another riddle from the same texter. Maybe just some prank." He shoved it off and started eating but Devius is sensing that something isn't right.

Even if it wasn't the same number as the culprit who has been texting and calling him, Officer Chad still couldn't just shobve it off. He just doesn't want to bother his senior so he just continued with his food. After finishing their meal, they decided to walk to digest the food they ate. Devius shoved his hands inside his pockets as he was enjoying the breeze. While Cameron's arms are just crossed behind him. When they're about to reach the headquarters, Detective Lee's phone vibrated again. They both stopped walking as he took his phone out. Officer Chad was just waiting for him to read it.

Devius saw as his partner furrowed his brows while reading the message. Officer Chad confusedly and calmly took the phone from Detective Lee's hand.

He then read the message loudly, "I am you but younger, I am you but stronger. We are the same but we were never from the same mother." He turned to look at Cameron after reading. "Why is this person sending you this kinds of messages? Do you have any siblings, senior?" He confusedly asked.