Chapter 51 : The Favor 2

Devius, still feeling sleepy, forcefully got out of the bed and struggled to walk towards the door. He turned the lights on first when he walked passed it. He was sure it was still a bit dark outside and it's raining a bit hard. He was confused about who would knock at the door their this early because no one had ever came to visit them at times like this before. Also, nobody has ever knock on the door ever since he moved in with Cameron. Chief Sara Simon does but she doesn't come so often and not at this time, that's for sure.

A loud knock came again. "I'll be there, just a second." He yelled while walking. When he finally opened the door, he was surprised to see Detective Kairo Sedis Parker, standing in front of the door, looking pale. He was soaked from the rain and his clothes are muddy! His face has some little bruises in his face but aside from that, he doesn't have any wound visible.

"Detective Parker?"

"Officer Chad, help me. I—" Before even finishing his sentence, the detective passed out.

Fortunately, Officer Chad was fast to catch him so he didn't fell straight on the solid floor. Devius immediately became worried.

"Detective Parker, are you alright? What happened to you? Who did this?" He asked consecutively but Detective Parker was already unconscious.

Devius tried to carry him but then he felt something wet and hot behind Detective Parker back. He thought it was just the rain but when he lifted his hand from behind, he realized it wasn't wet because of the rain. Detective Kairo Parker was stabbed and his blood was flowing out of his wound from his back!

'Shit!' Devius quickly panicked because there's a lot of blood coming out of the detective's wound.

"Cai! Cai, wake up! Help me here, something happened to Detective Parker!" He yelled for Cameron who immediately storms out off bed the moment he heard his colleagues' name.

"Why? What happened?" He shouted.

"Cai, h-help me, here." Devius' worried voice made Cameron double his pace.

When Detective Lee finally came to the door, he saw his partner, he was holding Detective Parker who was lying unconsciously on the floor. His partner' s worried face greeted him. He doesn't what's happening yet. But when he looked down at Officer Chad's hands, they were covered in blood. That's when he realized that his colleagues clothes is starting to be in the shade of red.

"What happened, Chad?"

"He was stabbed."

"Hurry! We have to take him to the hospital, let's go." Detective Lee quickly grabbed his keys and helped Devius carry Detective Parker to the car downstairs.

"Cai, will he be fine?" Officer Chad nervously asked while they were on the car, heading to the hospital.

"Don't worry, Parker wouldn't just die."

"I'm worried, Cai."

"I'm worried too but he's a tough one, I'm sure nothing bad will happen to him." Cameron responded, stepping on the accelerator—focusing on the road. "Just pressed on his wound, we'll be at the hospital soon."

"Okay. Alright."

They were almost at the hospital when the two heard Detective Parker's phone ringing. Officer Chad glanced at Detective Lee first before nodding and taking the phone out of the unconscious detective's pocket. It was familiar number to Devius. He might not have seen it a lot but he was sure he knows that number. He hesitantly pressed on the answer button before slowly putting it to his ear.

"H-Hello?" He started.

"Turn the speaker on." Cameron mouthed through his lips.

Devius nodded and did as he was told. There was a silent on the other line and all they could hear was the rain. Obviously, the caller was outside because the rain's sound was really visible to their ears.