Chapter 28 : Jealous?

Daena can't help smiling as she stared at her brother's crumpled face. It's the first time she saw her brother reacting like this. Devius' face was so crumpled that his two eyebrows almost became one. Even his lips could be used as a hanger because of how pouty it looks. His hands are both under his chin and he just kept sighing. His mind is full of questions as he kept thinking about his reaction earlier. He felt annoyed because of how annoyed he felt earlier just because Seuk Tae, a kid, kept clinging into his partner.

"Vius, did anything happen? Did you get dumped by your girlfriend? Or did the girl you're courting turned you down?" Daena couldn't take it anymore so she break the silence and asked.

Officer Chad looked at his sister with confusion due to the sudden question. "What? What did you asked?" He also questioned.

"I'm asking you if you were dumped or if the girl you are courting turned you down." She repeated.

Devius gave his sister a confused look. "I am not courting anyone and I don't have a girlfriend, princess." He answered.

"Oh."

"Why did you asked anyway?"

Daena smiled and in a teasing tone she said, "Because you looked like a jealous boyfriend-wait, no- you're acting like a jealous girlfriend, being all pouty since you came here." She straightforwardly responded.

Devius' eyes widen with both shock and annoyance. He was surprised by his sister's words and annoyance because he didn't know that he looked so damn obvious.

'Was I jealous? To a kid? No way!'

"So?"

"Well, I'm just in a bit of a bad mood but I'm not jealous at all! Who's jealous? Why would I be jealous?" He raised his right eyebrow, looking so defensive.

His reaction only made Daena believed that he really is jealous. "Vius, who's this girl? I wanted to meet her. Wow, this is miracle." She teased even more.

"Princess, there is no girl, okay? I'm not jealous or any sort of thing. I'm just too used up from work, that's why I looked like this." Devius reasoned but there's no way Daena would believe that.

"Alright, alright. If you say so, brother. I won't force you if you're not ready to introduce her yet." She smiled, still teasing.

Devius sighed, looking at his sister with an 'I gave up' look. "My Little princess, let's just eat and then I'll bring you home. It's not safe for you to be outside at night especially because the culprit is still on the run." He told his sister.

That's when Daena's expression changed from teasing to sad. Of course, she remembered her friend and classmate. Despite being a happy and cheerful girl, she still felt sad because it's her friend who had been killed and the murderer was still out there. She also felt a bit scared because she saw the body of Miranda Jameswood covered in blood.

She reluctantly looked at Officer Chad. "Vius, will you be able to catch the person who killed Mira?" She asked.

"We're investigating about it now and we'll surely get him no matter what." Devius stated in assurance.

"I'm just worried that he might come to any of us. I'm just afraid that someone might get hurt again. I don't want to see any blood again, Vius." Daena held her hands tightly.