Chapter 20 : An Awkward Mistake

When they got home, Detective Lee went straight to his bed and sat there. He feels upset for some reason. He's annoyed towards his partner whom he thinks jokes around about serious matters. While Officer Chad rested for a while before going to the bathroom to take some shower. The cold water are washing away the dirt on his body, it couldn't wash away the worry in Devius' heart. He's worried about his sister's safety, he's worried about their parents. He's even more worried that the culprit will come when he isn't ready. Also, he's worried about Cameron finding out that he didn't joked around earlier because he really is the next victim.

In the room, Detective Cameron Lee was staring at the bathroom's door, as if he was seeing through it. He really felt that Devius Chad's expression earlier was genuine but he couldn't really tell.

'Someone like him who often jokes around are hard to read when they're being serious or not. Suck a pain in the ass.'

He sighed and stood up. He walked to the refrigerator to get some water and saw some canned beer placed in there.

"Tss! What an alcoholic." He mumbled while looking at the bathroom's direction.

Detective Lee took the jar of water, put some on a glass and returned the jar back before drinking his water. Moments later, Officer Chad went out the bathroom, drying his hair with a piece of cloth. He's topless and he only has a towel wrapped around his waist exposing his still wet chest. Cameron unconsciously stared at him. This was the first time he saw him half naked.

'Dang! This boy has some good features.' Detective Lee thought.

He felt something raising in his throat so he swallowed hard but still couldn't look away. Maybe because it's the first time he saw someone half naked in front of him, in the same room. Even if he's a man, he's not used to it. Devius noticed it and glanced at him, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Are you not going to drink your water and take a shower too?" He asked, that's when Cameron came to his senses and shifted his gaze into another direction.

"Uh...Yeah. I'm going to take a shower then." He quickly stood up and placed the glass on the table before running towards the bathroom.

Devius followed him with his eyes, scratching the back of his head in confusion. Officer Chad just shrugged his shoulder and begun dressing up. After drying his hair, he went to the refrigerator and took one can of beer. He opened it and begun gulping.

He sat on the chair with his beer. He checked his phone and stared at his call history. Looking at the unknown numbers and those strange calls drive him to confusion.

"How could I make them safe if I get them involved?" He whispered, thinking about the call he received earlier.

He drunk all that's left inside the can and rested his head backwards. He closed his eyes and sighed. That's when Detective Cameron Lee came out of the bathroom. He was wearing a sweatpants which he often left inside the bathroom. His hair was wet, water dripping down his chest because he didn't get to take a towel with him into the bathroom.

"Hey, I have a question for you." Cameron asked while closing the bathroom door.

"Hmm?" Devius hummed.

"Why do you always drink? You stock a lot of beer inside my refrigerator." He said to Officer Chad as he was walking towards his bed.