Chapter 45 : The Kiss' Aftermath

After the kiss that happened last night, Devius and Cameron couldn't even look at each other in embarrassment. Detective Lee just kept on clearing his throat but he couldn't even utter a single word. He usually forget everything he did when he was drunk, but that kiss? He didn't. He remembered it clearly and he could still feel his face heating up when he recalls it. Cameron thought it wouldn't matter but when he woke up hugging Devius in his arms, he just lost it. His usual 'I don't care about anything else' persona seemed to have hidden too.

On the other hand, Officer Chad was just looking at the floor. He was so brave last night after confession how he really felt but now that he's sobered, he felt so embarrassed. He has never confessed love to anyone before, not even when he had a crush. Everything became even more awkward after they woke up and found themselves hugging each other on the floor. Because of that, their hungover vanished in an instant.

Detective Lee cleared his throat again but this time, he spoke. "Uhm...well, I—I'll just prepare our breakfast, you can take a bath." He tried his best not to stammer while talking.

Devius just nodded and stood up. "I—I'll take a bath, then." He awkwardly pointed at the bathroom and storms in there.

When they're finally out of each other's sight, both gave out a sigh of relief. It's as if they haven't breath a single air while they were sitting side to side earlier. Officer Chad leaned his back on the bathroom door while panting and holding his chest.

"Woah! I feel like my heart is going to break my ribs, damn." He mumbled but found himself smiling. "I'm crazy."

On the other hand, Cameron could only slam down on the chair and shook his head while asking, "What the hell is happening to me? Why did I let him kiss me? He's a man, I'm a man. How the hell did I let that happen? Damn it, Cameron." He pulled his hair.

He stayed like that for five minutes before getting up and starting to prepare breakfast. He tried concentrating on what he was doing but the scene of them kissing that night just kept on flashing through his mind. The more that he wanted to forget it, the more that he remembers it.

In the bathroom, Devius stared himself on the mirror after washing his face. "Why did I kissed him last night and said all those cheesy things? Because of that, it's so hard to face him now. I shouldn't have done that. Even if I really felt like I have fallen for him, I should have kept it a secret. What if he hates me now?" He problematically covered his face with his hands and then brushed it through his hair.

Even though he felt kind of excited, nervous and happy that he had already told his partner about how he felt, he could also feel fear and a little regret. He doesn't know what could happen after he did and said those things to Cameron.

While Cameron was suffering too. "Damn it!" He cursed because he's been slicing the same onion leaves since earlier. "Why doesn't it go away?" He asked himself, referring to the scene that kept playing in his mind. "Why did I let him kissed me? Why did my heart flutter after hearing those words from him? Why am I not feeling angry but instead, I have this weird feeling of satisfaction?"

"Have I gone crazy?" They both questioned themselves in unison while in two different places.

After recalling everything that they've done more the millionth time, they finally both went to do their businesses. Officer Chad started taking a bath while Detective Lee started preparing breakfast, leaving the onion leaves alone. Fortunately, they're both bothered by the same things so it didn't matter even if they took quite longer than the usual time they do when preparing. Detective Lee completed preparing breakfast when Devius finally got out of the bathroom, Cameron quickly entered without even glancing at him. Taking a bath only took him fifteen minutes and then they both sat on the table to eat breakfast. Both are still silent, secretly observing each other.