Chapter 58 : The Scar

It's already dawn but Cameron's face is still as serious and as problematic as earlier. Devius has been observing him since he came back but Detective Lee didn't even notice that his partner left for a while.

'Why are you so affected by those photo, Cai? What is it that you're not telling me?' Officer Chad thought as he sighed.

Since it seemed like they won't be going anywhere anytime soon, he stood up and went out. He walked towards where they parked their car. He opened the door and got a pack of cigarette and a lighter inside. Fortunately, he left it there before. Devius do smoke but it wasn't a vice for him because he only smoke when he feels like it—like at the moment. He walked back to sit under the tree where he waited for Officer Chase earlier. He crossed his legs and suck on the cigarette stick then he slowly blew the smoke.

He smiled as he remembered the last time he smoked. It was that time at the bar where he first met Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee. He finds it funny when he remembers how annoyed he felt towards him but now, in his eyes, Cameron is the most admirable person he met.

"Chad, you smoke?" He just finished half of the cigarette when Detective Lee walked in front of him.

"Oh? You done with your work? Wanna go home?" He smiled, not answering his question because he knows that his partner will just scold him.

Cameron shook his head. "My work will never be finished unless I catch the culprit and figure out everything." He sighed and sat beside the officer.

"It's not just your work, it's ours." Devius placed his arms around the detective.

Cameron smiled and nodded. They stayed seated for quite some time before deciding to go home. Devius drove because he has the key and he also wanted his partner to take a break and rest while they were on their way home.

When they arrived, they did their usual routine before lying down the bed. Devius is lying on Cameron's arms.

"Cai, can I ask you something?" He mumbled.

"Mm-hmm."

"You said you'll tell me why you acted like that at the hospital, so what happened?" He looked up to Cameron.

Detective Lee sighed and looked at the ceiling. "I received a message and a photo from Red. It was you, sitting on the car. He said that he could shot you with his gun right at where you where that time. I got so scared, I've never left that scared all my life, Chad. Just the thought of losing you without having the chance to do something suffocates me." His voice sounded with different emotions which Devius is unable to read.

He just hugged Cameron tightly and said, "I'm sorry if I made you worried." He apologized.

Detective Lee shook his head. "No, I'm sorry if you are in danger because of me." He whispered.

"Don't say that, Cai. Our jobs coexisted with danger. Whether we knew each other or not, being a police officer and being a detective, we will always encounter danger."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. Let's sleep now." Cameron got himself comfortable and closed his eyes.

Moments later, he still couldn't fall asleep. When he looked at the time, it's already passed eleven in the evening. He looked down at Devius he is already sound asleep but Cameron was still awake. He got carefully got out of bed and went to get the envelope. He took out the photo and stared at it. He touched the name written behind it. He's hoping that by doing that, he could remember something. He's hoping that by staring at the photo, he could recall some memories of those kids and the photos.

"Lee Jin Hong, who are you? What is connection with me? What is your connection with my past?" He whispered, feeling problematic.

Cameron leaned on his chair and looked at the other photo of the two kids, both faces were scratched by a pen. He flipped it over but only saw some initials. He didn't get to see them earlier because he got to caught up with the one that has his picture as a kid.