Chapter 76 : He Came

Officer Devius Wayne Chad could see the obvious concern in Ju Jin Su's voice and eyes. Even if the man's face is covered and only his ryes could be seen, it showed every feeling he had. When Devius turned to look back at Red again, the reaction in his eyes was now different. The sadness even the anger that had been reflecting in Red's eyes earlier was gone, it completely vanished like it was never there. He could see no visible emotion there. It's as if it was an endless void.

'What is your connection with Cai, Red? Why are your emotions like that when it comes to him?'

Officer Chad can't deny the fact that he felt relieved upon hearing that Cameron was there to save him but he also couldn't deny the fact that he felt worried about Detective Lee's presence. He doesn't know what is his connection towards Red nor does he know why everything is happening but he is sure there's something he wouldn't wanna know.

He already heard everything, all the reason why Red killed his victim, which still find unreasonable and unjustifiable. He couldn't do anything about that anymore because people are already dead. Surely, they did something wrong and he agree that they have to be punished but if Cameron was one of Red's targets, there must be something that's being hid from him.

In a few months that he spent time with the detective, he know how just he is. He know how Cameron hates injustice and crime. That alone could convince him that Detective Lee didn't do anything wrong. Devius couldn't figure out what Detective Lee must have done to be included in Red's list but he will never like the fact that he's here.

"Hyeol, what should we do? He really came." Ju Jin Su asked, sounding worried.

"He did. He came, Jin Su." Red's voice has different emotions but sadness, pain and sarcasm was the most visible ones.

Red turned off the dim light inside the room and went to look outside the window. It was dark but he could see the detective's car because of the light. He took out a knife that was hidden in his shoes and even though the light was off, Devius saw it shimmer. His heart begun to pound hard from nervousness and fear for his partner.

"What's your plan, then? Should we leave before he gets here?" Ju Jin Su was about to make a move but Red stopped him.

"No, just stay here with the officer. I'll handle this."

"What?" Ju Jin Su asked in disbelief.

"You heard me."

"What are you planning? Don't you dare hurt him." He threatened but sounded pleading, Red only chuckled.

Red turned to face Devius'direction.
"You know what, I envy you, officer. I didn't really expect that he'd come for you even if he just knew you for over a month." In the dark, a tear came out of Red's eyes.

"If you envy me, I pity you."

Red chuckled. "Yeah, I am pitiful. You only sacrificed your life for him once and yet he's willing to die for you. While someone died for him and he doesn't even remember his name."

Ju Jin Su walked to his direction. "Hyeol, we have to leave here. He mustn't find us." He tried to convince the latter.

"I'm the one who called him here, I won't escape anymore, Jin Su." Red mumbled.

"Hyeol—"

"I'm tired of running and hiding, Jin Su-ya."

Ju Jin Su held Red's hand and repeated. "Please, let's get out of this place. I don't want you getting caught. In this condition, can you really face him?"

"I won't run anymore, Sed. If you want to leave, then leave but I'll stay here." Red's word were strong and  determined.

"Hyeol..."