Chapter 3 : A Tough Yet Vulnerable Man

Detective Cameron Lee kept sighing as he sat down on the chair inside Chief Simon's office. The frown drew in his face didn't vanish a bit since earlier.

"Chief, do I really have to go? You know I hate crowded places. I can take any mission as long as I'm outside." Detective Cameron Lee has been asking the same question for half an hour after being told by his commanding officer to go to some kind of party that is to be held tonight at some bar.

"Detective Lee, you have to go. You have to go and stop asking the same question because I feel like my eardrum will explode anytime soon." She answered.

"But, Chief..."

"Cameron Caiseus, this is a mission that I'm entrusting to you and you only."

"Chief, are you sure this is not just some trick to make me go to the bar and have some fun?" He suspiciously asked.

Chief Simon took a deep breath and faced him. "Actually, that's one of the reasons. But it's also a mission, Cameron. I got a tip that something is going to happen at the party tonight. You know I trust you more than anyone, that's why I'm asking you to do this mission for me." Chief Simon said it the way he's not going to be able to say no.

"What kind of tip? And who gave you?"

"Detective Parker was the one who told me but I don't know who his informant is." Chief Simon answered.

"Detective Kairo Sedis Parker?"

"Yes. The one and only."

Detective Lee wrinkled his brows and sighed. He really doesn't want to go but if Chief Simon is telling the truth that something is going to happen at the party, he can't risk anyone's safety. He just sighed once again and gave a salute at his commanding officer before leaving the office. He went to his car to go home and take a bath.

When he arrived home, he immediately went to the bathroom and took off his clothes before turning the shower on and letting the water flow through his body. The water is cold but he got used to it unlike before that he often flinch every time the water touches him. After taking a bath and cleaning his body, he dried himself up and wrapped a towel around his waist. He stood up in front of the smoky mirror and stared at his reflection.

'Dang it.'

He sighed at how restless his face looked like. His hair has grown long and his beard has grown thicker. He have eye bags and his eyes look like he haven't slept for a century. He brushed his hair with his fingers and took the shaving cream. He put some on his face before shaving his beard with a blade. After that, he took a pair of scissors and begun cutting his own hair. He put an eye drop to his eyes to remove the redness and massage his eye bags. He looked at the mirror and he nodded in satisfaction. At least, he looked presentable again. After cleaning his face, he brushed his teeth and went out the bathroom.

We walk to his small closet and stared at his old and faded clothes for five minutes. When he was about to just pick any of that, he heard a knock on his door so he went to open it.

"Who are you?"

"Are you Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee?" A young man asked.

He nodded. "Yes, what do you want?"

"Uhm... someone asked me to deliver this to you." He handed him a box.