Chapter 54 : Mine Is Mine

They spent quite a long while on the road because of the traffic caused by the heavy rain. When they finally arrived at the hospital, Detective Lee searched for a place to park the car. When everything was settled, the three hurriedly went inside the hospital to Detective Parker's room. While walking, Cameron noticed that Gong Seuk Tae was shaking from the cold. Probably because he's wet and the hospital is air-conditioned.

"Hey, Chad, you can go to Parker's room first, I'll handle Seuk Tae." He turned to his partner who just nodded his head and started walking. He then turned to the kid. "Come on, I'll buy you some clothes to the nearest mall. You'll get sick if you wear that wet clothes for a long time."

"I'm fine, Detective Lee. I'm comfortable with my clothes." He shook his head in refusal.

"You are fine for now but after getting soaked, you won't be. Don't be stubborn and come with me." Detective Lee held Seuk Tae on the wrist and pulled him outside to the car.

The rain has calmed down a bit but it's still pretty hard. Cameron opened the door for Gong Seuk Tae, leaving the kid with no choice but to hop in. The mall wasn't that far and can be reached by feet but because it's raining, he chose to drive there. Few moments later, they finally arrived. Upon entering, Gong Seuk Tae stared at all the clothes inside.

"Choose whatever you want, I'll buy it for you." He ordered the kid.

"You don't have to do this."

"Come on, Seuk Tae."

"Detective Lee, I'm really fine. I don't need to change." He tried to refused again but saw the elder already looking for clothes.

"Here, try this on. You're tall for your age, this might fit in you." He handed him a white shirt and grey hoodie.

"But, I really don't have to change, Detective Lee." He refused.

Cameron handed him the clothes. "Go and try it."

"But, Detective Lee..." Seuk Tae hesitantly held it.

Cameron raised one of his brows. "Stop being stubborn and change your clothes. Also, stop calling me with formality, you called me hyung before, you can just keep calling me hyung." He stated.

Gong Seuk Tae stared intently at Detective Lee, looking surprised by the elder's words. "W-What did you say?"

"What?" Detective Lee furrowed his brows.

"I think I heard you wrong, Detective. Can you repeat what you just said earlier?" The kid gave an awkward smile, scratching his nape.

"What? I said you should change and stop calling me with formality. Just keep calling me hyung, it sounds better." Cameron repeated, Seuk Tae just smiled and went to the fitting room.

Detective Lee also smiled while waiting for the kid. He feels more at ease now. Inside the fitting room, Gong Seuk Tae removed his wet upper clothes and started putting the dry new ones. He brushed his hair up using his fingers before coming out.

"See? Those clothes fits just right. Let's go, I'll pay for them." Cameron stood up and head towards the counter.

Gong Seuk Tae could only follow him with his eyes. "Detective Lee-I mean, hyung, you didn't have to buy anything for me." He shouted as he run to follow him.

"It's fine. Letting you get sick from getting soak in the rain isn't a option. Next time, if you're planning to go outside, bring your guards with you and take some umbrella. If I'm not busy, you can call me." He lectured as they walked out and to the car.

"I was worried about Detective Parker that I forgot to take anything with me." The kid pouted in response.

"Then next time, if you ever felt extremely worried again, just call me and I'll pick you up." Cameron suggested as he put on his seatbelt.