Chapter 62 : Peak To The Past

Officer Devius Chad turned to look at the other side of the wall, he saw those two names written on it— Lee Han Se and Lee Jin Hong—those were what's exactly written. It wasn't so clear anymore due to the fire that broke out before but he could still read it. Officer Chad slowly walked to the wall. He reached his hand and touched it. It was visibly burnt but it's still readable. He confusedly looked at it.

"Lee Han Se and Lee Jin Hong." He read. "Why is Cai's name written here?" Devius whispered to himself.

Then he heard footsteps from behind. He secretly and silently observed it and just wait for what was going to happen next. The person who owns those footsteps were very careful but he still felt it. He knew when the person stopped not so far away from where he was standing.

"Hey, officer. Nice to finally meeting you." A familiar voice spoke out from behind him but he wasn't sure.

"You..."

"Does those named sound familiar to you? Of course, they should be. It's because one of those names were your lover's and one was my brother's." When he talked the second time, he recognized who it was.

"Do you know me?" He asked.

"You'll find out soon, officer. But for now, don't dare to turn around because a gun was aimed directly at your head. One wrong move and your lovely brain will be scattered." He threatened but in a very strange tone, it's as if he was very happy while saying those words.

"Red? Are you...Red? It's you, right?" Officer Chad clenched his fist then a chuckle was heard.

"You're smart, Officer. Yes, it's me but also not me. I have so many things I wanted to tell you but this place isn't appropriate for that." He said in a long litany.

Devius took a deep breath. "You're the one who asked me to come here. Now, tell me. What do you know about Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee? What do you know about Lee Han Se? What do you know about the incident that happened here many years ago?" He seriously asked consecutively.

"Lee Han Se... I hate it every time I hear that name. I hate it so fucking bad that I would want to kill anyone who dares speak that name in front of me." Red gritted his teeth.

"Why do you hate Detective Lee so much? What did he do that made you despise him?" Devius asked, he heard Red chuckled.

Red shook his head. "The question is, what did he not do that made me hate him like this?" He corrected Officer Chad's question.

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind, officer. Anyway, should I tell you something? Do you want to hear it?" Red place his one hand under his chin, his voice sounding like he had something exciting to tell the officer.

"Even if I don't, you'll still tell me, right? To be honest, I only wanted to hear about Caiseus but I still have no choice but to listen to whatever you have to say." Devius twitched his lips, Red smirked and nodded.

"Uh-huh. Do you want to know the reason behind my name?" Red asked. He didn't wait for Officer Chad to respond before he begun talking again. "It's because red's the color of blood. Someone very important to me gave me that name because he said, I was from his heart and no matter what happens, he'll never leave me because heart pumps out blood and they're always together." Red said in a long litany.

Devius stayed silent, observing the guy's every move. He couldn't see him as he was positioned behind him. Aside from that, the surroundings was starting to get covered with fog. Only the few rays from the sun is the source of brightness inside the ruined building. But because Devius was trained, he could still feel Red walking back and forth from behind him. He knows that the gun was still aimed to his head and it never left there. He could see a little shadow produced by the slightest light.

"You know what's the funniest thing, officer? That same person, who promised me the accompaniment 'til death, that person who promised me the companion of a life time, was the same reason why I was left alone." After saying that, Red laughed in a psychotic and insulting way. It's as if he was laughing at himself but also at someone else. The way he laughed is disturbing but full of pain. "When he met another person, he told me we all could be friends and I agreed because I thought three is better than two. I thought we can be happier if we have one more in our team. We promised each other that we will always be together and we'll never leave anyone behind. But when a critical moment came, he left me even if I beg him not to. He left me for someone who can't even give him a glance. No matter how much I beg him to stay, he left me without regret and hesitation."

"Why are you telling me this?" Devius confusedly asked.

"Why? Because you wanted to know about that detective, don't you? That's the reason why you went here even if you know I wasn't a good and trustworthy person." Red stated.

"In everything you said, I don't see any connection to Cai. Yes, I came here because I wanted to know more about Detective Lee's past and not listen to your gloomy story." Officer Chad courageously uttered.

Red smirked and took a step forward. "Oh. You wanted a peak of the past, huh? Then let me tell you something, you those names on the wall?"

Devius turned his gaze back to the wall. "Yeah."

"Listen well, officer. Lee Jin Hong is Lee Han Se's past so as Lee Han Se is Lee Jin Hong's past. They're like pieces of puzzle. They complete each other but a missing piece is still needed to found in order for the puzzle to be put together. Do you get it?"

"What do you mean?" Devius balled his fist tightly.

Red took a step forward, leaning on Officer Chad's ears. "If you wanted to know everything, tell your man to come take you from here." An evil smile curved on Red's lips.

Officer Chad furrowed his eyebrows. "What do—" But before he couldn't finish his sentence, Red covered his nose with a handkerchief wet with a medicine and then his vision went blurry before fainting.

Red watched as the police officer fell on the dusty floor. He looked at him as if he was looking at a cute animal then he gave a devilish grin. He then turned to look at the writings on wall. Red took a step forward and placed his hands on it.

"See you soon, my dear brother." He mumbled.

He picked up the unconscious police officer and carried him like a sack of rice. He then walked out of the building and headed to his car. There, he saw Ju Jin Su waiting, causing him to furrow his brows.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at the hospital, aren't you?" He asked.

"I went here to help you, Red. Come on in, I'll drive you to a safe place." Jin Su opened the door for him but Red shook his head.

"There is no safe place for me, Jin Su, you know that."

"Fine. I'll drive you somewhere where Cameron can't find you. You took this officer, I'm sure he'll look for his partner."

"There's no need, just go back to the hospital. I'll tell you the plan later." Red got in the car after placing Officer Chad inside the trunk then he drove away, Ju Jin Su could do nothing but watch as the car drove away from his direction.

Red smirked as he thought of the plans he has in mind. He headed to a place he prepared before for his plans. A smirked didn't leave his lips while he was driving. It was starting to get dark outside as he has been driving slowly and the rain is starting to pour. He has the phone of Officer Chad on his right hand while the other was controlling the steering wheel. It was completely dark outside when he finally arrived at the place. He parked the car under the tree and went to open the trunk. Devius was still unconscious as he used a strong type medicine to put him to sleep. He couldn't wait to play with Detective Lee. He wanted to make him suffer, anxious and scared.

"After this, you'll surely remember me, my friend." He evilly grinned.