Chapter 67 : Trapped

Detective Cameron is still lying unconsciously on his hospital bed. His colleagues wanted to stay with him until wakes up but they can't leave their job especially after what's happening. Police Officer Devius Chad's disappearance and everything that is happening, they can't stay and do nothing. No one called Daena yet to tell her the news but Isaac volunteered since he was closer to his best friend's sister. Harold and Chief Simon went back to the office to create a plan.

Detective Kairo Parker volunteered to stay and look after Cameron until he wakes up. He sat there on the chair near the door and just stared at the unconscious detective. He sighed while looking at his distress expression.

"Why don't you just stop? This ain't doing you any good. You can just let go of the past and live for the present. Why can't you just let go of Lee Han Se?" He said while sighing deeply.

"No, please. I can't leave him alone. I have to save him, please! Please, save him! I can't leave without him..." Detective Parker quickly stood up after Cameron shouted in his sleep.

He run towards the bed and shook his colleague. "Cameron! Hey, Cameron! Wake up, wake up." He tried waking him up but Detective Lee was still trapped in his nightmares.

In his dream, he was able to escape the first room but when he went out of the door, he was trapped again and this time, he was back in the basement. Everything seemed real. Everything feels hot as the fire started to spread out. The same little boy was there too but like in his memory, his face was blurry and Cameron couldn't recognize him.

"Lee Han Se, come with me and leave this place." The other younger little boy called from the door.

Cameron froze from fear and he couldn't move his feet nor could he shout. He wanted to run but he was glued on the floor.

"Come on, we have to leave this place. Help me take down the wall!" The little boy shouted at him but he was frozen and unable to move.

"We can't take down the wall. We're kids, we're weak. Let's just leave through the door." The other kid insisted.

"No, we won't leave anyone here. If you want to, just go by yourself and ask for some help. In that way, everything will be easier." The older kid insisted to which the other followed.

The kid continued what he's doing while Cameron swallowed hard as he stared at the massive fire. Woods from the ceiling were falling down and the toxic smoke is slowly getting everywhere, causing him a breath difficultly. Then he felt a hand holding him tightly on the wrist. When he turned around, it's the boy but even with the close distance, he still couldn't see the boy's face.

"We have to leave here, okay? Don't be afraid, I won't leave you alone. We promised each other that we won't leave anyone behind, hmm? I'll save you and get you out of here." The little boy said as he caress his face.

The comfort and assurance he felt through the boy's little touches were familiar. Detective Lee held the boy's hand and they both went to kick the wall. It was slowly shaking from their kicks and the fire but they're also starting to suffocate from the smoke. When the wall was finally taken down, Cameron was pushed out of the burning place without noticing that he accidentally let go of the little boy's hand. When he turned around, he saw as the building started to collapse. He saw the little boy being hit by a burning wood.

"No!" He shouted as he started going back but someone held his hand from behind. "Let me go, I have to save him. Let me go! Sir, please." He struggled in tears but the one from behind wasn't going to let him go.

"I'm sorry, young man but we can't save him anymore. He's gone. We have to leave and cure your wound on your back." He heard a familiar man's voice but he couldn't take his eyes off of the little boy who was slowly being devoured by the fire.