Chapter 4 : The Party And The First Encounter

The shimmering lights are everywhere. Lively music could be heard all around. The noise and people talking to each, the clinking of the glasses as they clung it with each other can also be heard as they shout the word, "Cheers!"

Everyone seems to enjoy the party. Some are dancing at the center as the other cheers on them. A band was on the stage, heating the night up with their cheerful music. Every person at the party was obviously from a luxurious family because of the designer things they're wearing.
The party has just started and more and more visitors and guests are coming. But one guest took the attention of everyone in the party. A handsome guy, looking like he's at his twenties. He's wearing a black jeans, grey turtle neck shirt, a suit and a black chukka boots. But what caught most of their attention is his expensive Rolls Royce Sweptail. And you guess it right...

It's Detective Cameron Caiseus Lee.

"Tss! I didn't expect a party to be this expensive." He twitched his lips. "They could use the money to help people instead of holding such luxurious event." He whispered.

"Good evening, sir. Let me park your car." A chauffeur went to him and offered his hand.

"Thank you." He handed the keys and went inside. "Is this a bar or a palace? How luxurious." He mumbled as he looked around.

He went to sit on the bar island. "What do you want to drink, sir?" The bartender asked.

"Just give me anything. I'm not a drinker so, I'll be fine with anything." He answered.

"Gotcha, sir." The bartender smiled and begun making him a drink. After a while, he handed Detective Lee a glass with the drink he made. "Sir, here's your martini."

Detective Lee took it. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, sir." The bartender replied politely.

Detective Cameron Lee just nodded and turned his sit around and begun scanning the surrounding. Nothing seems suspicious so far. It's just a normal scene at a bar. Drinking, partying, talking, laughing and some are making out but he didn't care about that. There are some teenagers around for sure.

On the other side of the bar, Officer Devius Chad was busy with his drinks while watching everyone having fun. He was left alone in their sit when Officer Isaac Chase went to a dance with some girl he just met. If Devius was a playful man, his best friend is surely a playboy. That's their difference.

Officer Devius Chad loves fun but never with a girl. He would never play a girl because of his sister. He doesn't want her sister to be played either. Also, he doesn't know why but for some reason, he was never attracted to any. It's not like he's gay because he was never attracted to the same gender as well. Maybe he just haven't met the one yet. Yeah, as corny as it sounds but that's what he thinks. He just continued drinking while leaning on the seat.

"Hi there, handsome. Are you enjoying the night?" A lady wearing a red cocktail dress, holding a blue cocktail drink with a very, very red lipstick walk over to him. "Why are you drinking here alone?" She seductively asked.

Officer Chad pointed at himself. "Excuse me? You're talking to me, miss?" He asked.

The lady nodded. "Who else should I be talking to, handsome?" She went to sit beside him.