Chapter 26 : Everywhere

Officer Chad woke up first in the morning. He massage his head because he's having a terrible headache due to hangover. Then he opened his eyes, taking a deep breath before sitting up. He furrowed his eyebrows when he realized he wasn't wearing the shirt he remembered wearing yesterday. He couldn't even recall if he had taken a shower before going to bed. He then sighed and brushed his hair with his fingers. He turned to Detective Lee's bed. He furrowed his brows when he saw him still sleeping.

"He usually woke up first before me all the time. What happened to this morning guy?" He shrugged as he got up. "Must be tired." He just mumbled.

Devius then walked to the kitchen to get some water and as he was drinking, he saw the basin and towel on the sink, Cameron must have forgotten to return it last night. Devius walked towards it with confusion. He lifted up the wet towel and glanced at Cameron's place.

"Did he wash me up last night?" He asked himself, looking back at his shirt and to the basin. "Seemed like you care for me after all."

Officer Chad smiled and continued drinking before cleaning the basin and hanging the towel. He then prepared to start cooking. He wasn't as good as a cook like Cameron but he describes himself as someone who knows how to cook. He first fried the rice, mixing some beans, carrots and eggs in it. He usually cook fried rice for his sister when she comes over to his previous place. Their parents aren't usually with them, that's why Devius often acts as Daena's parents.

After preparing the rice, he moved on to making omelette and frying some hotdogs. He also made some coffee and placed everything on the small table. He looked at his masterpiece with a smile before going to Detective Lee's bed.

"Hey, senior, wake up. Breakfast's ready." He said but it didn't woke the man up. Devius then kneeled down and shook his shoulder. "Detective Lee, wake up now, we're gonna be late. You hate being late, don't you?"

Detective Lee still didn't woke up but only turned his face a bit. That's why some hair fell to his forehead, covering his brows and eyes. Officer Chad smiled because he thought someone like Cameron would easily wake up with a little noise. He looked at the strands of hair on his face. He reach his hand to it, attempting to shove it away. Devius moved his face forward, too focus on the hair strands, unaware of how near their distance was. That's when Detective Lee woke up and slowly opened his eyes only to met Officer Chad's face just inches away from him.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" Detective Lee quickly bulged away from the man making him fall off the bed.

"Woah. Easy, senior, I'm just waking you up." Officer Chad explained.

"Waking me up? Do you have to be that near just to wake me up? You're about to kiss me, Chad." He said in an annoyed voice but deep inside, Cameron's heart was racing like hell.

"Sorry, senior. I already prepared breakfast to thank you for taking care of me last night." Officer Chad smiled and stood up, walking to the kitchen.

Detective Lee followed him with his eyes, furrowing his brows. He took a deep breath before walking towards the kitchen. His mouth hanged open and his eyes grew wide when he saw all the foods on the table.

"Are you planning to hold a damn feast? Why did you cook so much?" He asked.

Officer Chad stared at the foods he prepared. He really overdid it. He only prepared omelette, fried rice and hot dog but he made a lot. He then turned to the Detective Lee with an awkward smile.