Chapter 66 : Nightmares of the Past

When Detective Lee finally opened his eyes, the grey ceiling of an unfamiliar room greeted him. His vision was still blurry and spinning. He could feel his head throbbing and the noise from his surroundings weren't recognizable. They were just mumbles and whispers. He lifted his hand to massage his temples and closed his eyes once again.

'Dang it!'

He felt confused as to what had happened. The last thing he could remember was that he went back to that awful place to save Devius, that's all he could remember before he passed out. As time passes, the noise from his surroundings were slowly getting clearer and readable. Detective Lee slowly sat up, his eyes still closed. He took a deep breath before slowly opening his eyes.

His vision of the room is now clear, though he still feel the pain in his head, everytime is a lot better than earlier. He looked around and found the place familiar to him. The wall, the paintings hung on it and the bed he was just lying on moments ago.

"This place... w-what am I doing here?" He asked himself filled with confusion.

He could feel his heart starting to race again as the familiar room was something he hates to be in. It was the same room his nightmares resumed. In this exact room, his misery continued.

"Why the hell am I here again? What am I doing here? I don't want to be here!" Cameron violently stood up and ran towards the wooden door. "Let me out! I don't want to be here! Open the fucking door!" He shouted while banging at the door.

All the fear he had felt in his childhood was gradually and one by one was returning to him. His heart was beating faster and faster, like a horse on a race. He wanted to get out and leave that room as quickly as possible but no matter how hard he banged on the door, it wouldn't open. Cameron was hoping that somebody would hear his shouts but few minutes had passed and still, no one was helping him out.

"Let me out! Dad! Help me! Get me out of this fucking place!" He screamed but no one was there, he couldn't see anyone coming.

For a long time, Detective Lee thought that only the fear and the sight of the place where all his nightmares took place would remain in his memory, yet he had no idea that he would be stranded there once again. When he was saved by his adopted father, Harold, from the orphanage where he was constantly being abused, he thought he was finally going to be safe. But no matter how hard he tried, his past always come to haunt him.

"Fuck it! Get me out this damn place!"

Extreme fear, confusion and anxiety prevailed throughout his system. For the first time in his entire life, he wished for someone to come out of nowhere to help and rescue him from that place. His whole body was shaking because of the mixed feelings. His knees were weakening, trembling and he could feel the cold beads of sweat dripping down his forehead and all over his body. That place, when viewed by someone seemed like just a normal room but in Cameron's memory, it was a hell he had long wanted to escape.

If the life in that basement gave him hope that he would be saved one day and will be able to get out, that room shattered that hope and made him think that there is no such place he could call safe. He hated the feeling of fear inside his heart but it was getting bigger and bigger that it's becoming unable to fight.

"Please, help me. Get me out of here! I don't like this place. I don't want to remember everything. I'm begging you, if anyone hears me. Please get me out of this goddamn place!" He cried and started banging on the wooden door again like the child he used to be.

It was just a wooden door but as Cameron was already feeling weak, he couldn't break it open. His fear were triggered. The brave tiger seemed to have turned into a poor, helpless little kitten. The fear he's feeling was like a virus that's quickly swallowing, devouring and weakening him.