Cooper's Sister - Amnesia 1

Warning mentions of attempted suicide and  suicidal thoughts

Amelia Cooper was not okay. Amelia Cooper was far from okay, her world was breaking and her resolve was weakening and she was spiralling. Did any one notice...yes. Did anyone do anything? Depends on who you ask, to be honest Amelia should have been priority, but Betty was caught up in being Nancy Drew, Polly was caught up with her pregnancy, Alice and Hal Cooper were caught up in being controlling parents instead of actual well rounded parents.

Amelia, who preferred  Amy had always tried to be the perfect daughter, friend, sister and person but the word perfect was crushing her and the sense of sinking was coming ever closer. She had been through a lot, things she would never want to repeat out loud. Problems happen to everyone but not everyone can deal with it well. Her best friend Jason Blossom had been murdered, her boyfriend Archie was a serial cheater, yet she still forgave him. Betty blew hot and cold with sisterly affection. Alice and Hal put pressure on her to be a certain way. Jughead her other best friend ditched her for her sister. What was she to do? What did she do? She smiled and said everything was okay. The biggest lie she ever told. The lie that was a split second from breaking.

Amy couldn't do it anymore, she couldn't take the pressure. Which is why on the night of the Jubilee, she put on her favourite dress, shoes and jacket she did her make up and hair. The she packed a few things in a  envelope then put it in her bag. If her parents bothered to notice this behaviour their instinct might have kicked in that something was wrong. But they didn't. Instead the Coopers left for the High school thinking everything was going to be okay from now on, yet that night would change the Coopers forever.

Amy texted Jughead to meet her at the school, that it was important. Jughead went and got there just as Betty was starting her speech.

'I'm here' Amy looked down at her phone and looked at her parents. In that moment before she got up Hal could have noticed that his pocket was lighter, Alice could have noticed Amy's lie that she needed the toilet, but that did not happen. Amy walked away from the hall and to Jughead waiting for her.

"What's going on?" he asked her. Amy who could not be seen in the bright light gave a teary smile.

"I know we haven't talked as much as we used to since you started dating my sister but I need you to do something for me." she sniffed

"Are you okay?"

"I will be. Look um, I need you to take this. keep it safe." she handed him the laced manual envelope that had some of her things in.

"What is this?" Jughead wondered

"That is me, it won't make sense now but you need to keep this safe away from my family. Promise me Jughead."

"Ames, what's going on."

"Promise me." she demanded

"I promise." she gave him a small teary smile then kissed his cheek. Yet instead of walking back to her family she headed for the front doors. Jughead looked down at the envelope then back to where his friend was leaving he went to follow her but it was too late she was already pulling out of the school car park in her Dad's car and speeding off. Jughead's mind went at lighting speed For the first time in a while he stopped, thought and listened.

Something was wrong.

He ran back inside and ran to where the Coopers were, his hand slammed down on Alice's shoulder. her head snapped up.

"Jughead what the hell."

"Something's wrong with Amelia, you have to come with me right now. Now, Move!" Betty had just finished her speech when she saw her boyfriend talking to her parents before rushing off.

"Jughead Jones, what is the meaning of this."  Alice fumed

"Amy she just drove off, high speed. She was upset." he failed to mention the envelope that he had put in his bag.

"She can't of, she can't drive and my keys are right..." Hal trailed off  noticing his pocket was empty, he ran out into the parking lot and where he had parked the was no longer a car.

"She took my keys." he breathed

"What does she think she's doing. I'm going inside and getting Sheriff Keller, the girl has gone too far this time." Alice fumed storming inside. Betty cane running out.

"Jug, what's going on?"

"Amy, she stole your Dad's car." Jughead told his girlfriend. Betty looked at him incredulously.

"She what?!" sheriff Keller came out with Alice and asked what happened , Jughead gave his statement leaving out what she had given him. Keller called it in leaving Amy's family and friends confused and worried to what was going on.

Meanwhile in the car, so many thoughts were running through Amy's head as she sped away from the high school, she turned on the radio to shut the thoughts out, to shut the voice telling her to stop.

-Arianna Grande song-

She drove messily at a high speed, towards Sweetwater river. She didn't even notice the patrol car, but the officer in it recognised it and went after her. She looked at her phone and called Betty.

"Amy, where are you?"

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough."

"Strong enough. Amy what are you doing?!" Betty shouted through the phone. Alice looked towards her daughter and snatched the phone.

"Amelia Cooper, whatever you're doing stop it right now."  Sheriff Keller was on the radio with the officer following Amy.  From the cop car the officer watched as she swerved left which just happened to be leading down to Sweetwater river, The car flipped over a few times down the ravine before it stopped leaving  Amy crumpled  in a heap. The officer screeched to a stop and got out of the car carefully making his way down to the Crash site.

He checked for a pulse and there was by chance a faint one. He called it in and for an ambulance. Sheriff Keller turned slowly to the Coopers, Hal was holding Alice, Jughead was holding Betty and by now Archie, Veronica and Kevin had come out as well.

"Mr and Mrs Cooper." He cleared his throat causing them to look at him.

"You need to come with me."

"What's going on?" Betty asked. Keller gulped before his next works.

"Amelia has been in a accident." Alice covered her mouth.

"Wha -What kind of accident?" Betty wondered trying to let the words sink in.

"I don't have much information at the moment but I will take you to the hospital right now."

part 2 coming soon