Sweet Pea - Serpent Charming 2

Dad and I walked into the Southside gym, half an hour later dressed in our sports gear.

"I didn't know you came here?" i told my Dad

"Well the other is too suburban for me, at least hear you get some actual competition." he smiled down at me the took me further in saying hello to most of the other residents he then saw what he was looking for. the bags.

"Okay sweetheart. This is you."

"What do you mean this is me?"

"This is where all your frustration is gonna go, you my darling have everything all pent up this is your chance to let it out. Now I'm gonna strap up your hands, put on some gloves and with everything you have you punch this bag."

"I don't know."

"Amy, trust me once you get into the swing of things crying over words from a friend won't even touch you." he did as he said and he stopped up my hands and put one my gloves.

"Hit it." i looked unsure but did so, it was measly.

"Harder." I did but still silly.

"Honey hit the bag harder."

"Dad when you said hating frustration out I thought maybe you were joking."

"oh no honey, no one makes a mess of my kid. Now what I want you to do is close your eyes. Go on close them." I did so

"Right now imagine everything and everyone that's made you cry, that made you feel like living in vampire world was a better solution. Picture it, hear it"

Amy you're the bestest friend a boy could ask for - Archie

I'm sorry but I don't like you like that - Jughead

Hi I'm Veronica Lodge  - Veronica

You live in a fantasy world - Betty

wait you and Ms Grundy Archie, that's gross she's our teacher - Amelia

"Arrrrgh!" I punched the bag repeatedly and furiously

"You. son. of. bitches!" I screamed hitting every word and everyone into that bag.

"Atta girl, go on tell them what you really feel."

" I can be more than a best friend, you could have like me like that, you're a skank, you really should learn when not to say something." I continued throwing punch after punch till I was exhausted. I breathed heavily and looked at my Dad who had a broad smile on my face.

"How do you feel sweetie?"

"Tired" I groaned "Better but tired."

"Not surprised you really went at it. Why don't we try this again tomorrow, for now you can just watch me." I nodded

Everyday after school for the next month I went to the gym with my Dad and boxed not as ferocious as the first but I vented out my anger and disappointment I made up with Betty who constantly apologised for what she said. I said it was fine that there was no harm done. In ajesent to boxing I started weights and dabbled in some MMA , one thing i learnt was that personally having long hair and doing my extracurricular actives wasn't working for me so I decided to have it cu short.

I was at school the day after my hair cut with headphones in and  nose in a book at my locker. I was oblivious to the world around me around me, that was until someone put their hand on my shoulder, I turned round with a right hook, sending them to the ground. I saw who it was and i yanked my headphones out in shock.

"oh my god, Archie I'm so sorry." i dropped to the ground to him as he held his nose.

"Amy, what the hell."

"I'm sorry, my head was in a different headspace. oh shit, let's get you to the nurse." I helped him up and took him to the nurse.

"What was that about?" he asked holding a ice pack to his face.

"My Dad he's been teaching me boxing and some MMA moves, you shocked me and my instincts kicked in. I'm sorry."

"MMA really?"

"it's actually quite fun, once you get over the whole roughness of it."

"I tried calling your name you know but you didn't answer, I was going to say how nice your hair looked."

"Oh make me feel even more guilty why don't ya." I rolled my eyes

"I didn't mean it like that."

"You don't mean a lot of things the way you make them sound, but you still say them Archie." i huff.

"What's been with you lately, you've been off."

"You mean I haven't been the swooning doe eyed girl, yeah she's dead." I looked at his face "Do you know what I'm gonna go. I'm sorry I punched you but in future wait until I not listening to music and in my own little world before you try something. Later Archie." I swung my bag onto my shoulder and left

As I was walking down the hall to my next class I was stopped my someone who swerved and stopped in front of me.

"What the..."

"Nice right hook , pretty badass." Wait i recognise that voice and face, he was a Serpent that went to the same gym and school as me."

"I know you, you go to the gym, What did my dad call you? Sweet Pea."

"That's right, I saw you earlier, mean swing, all those lessons you've been taking paid off."

"You saw that? That was an accident."

"some accident, I was impressed. Not many girls can throw a punch like that after only one month of lessons."

"Well I'm a lot tougher than I look." I stood up straighter

"Oh I know, i've seen you princess, throwing punches into that bag with a vengeance, so tell me who the boy that broke your heart."

"excuse me?"

"Throws like that looks like revenge so who was it, was it the red head that you punched. I have ears princess, 'pretend it's him sweetie' who's him?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"Well you got me curious princess."

"My name's not princess, It's Amelia. Now I would appreciate it if you left me alone." I went to walk past him and then left. But he didn't give up easy.

The next day I was at my locker again this time no headphones where there was a soft thud next to me.

"So here's the thing, you went from girl next door to warrior princess in over a month, you cut your hair though having it long made you just look ..." he gave a low whistle. "And then you perform a what i must say a very impressive punch on a Bulldog which I am all for by the way. But that just not all of it, there is something more and I want to know."

"Why you don't even know me."

"Not true, I know quite a lot, you're badass, you're best friends with Jughead and his northside girlfriend, you were a classic girl next door, you look mighty fine with both long and short hair, you're name is Amelia and you're feisty i would say that's a lot."

"Why are you talking to me again." he looked at me sheepishly

"I've been wanting to for a long while but I didn't know what to say. You punching the Bulldog seemed like a good first subject."

"Did Jughead put you up to this?"

"What? No."

"Yeah right, you can tell him I wasn't the same girl i was a month ago, i don't need his help." i slammed the locker door and walked away