Reggie - Dying Love 1

So this is based on the film a walk to remember if you haven't seen it I would highly recommend it.

Here is the reality of the world. A lot of bad things happen to good people and a lot of fortune can be bestowed upon bad people. Bad things can also happen to bad people and good things can happen to good people. It sound complicated but it's the way the world works and who knows if its God who's in control or its just the natural order of the universe. It depends on your perspective.

For Amaya Chambers she was a good person who had bad luck. Her mother died when she was two, she broke her arm a few times over the years, she was bullied but the major bad luck of it all is that she was dying.

They found it early and she was diagnosed with Leukaemia at the time they could treat it. Amaya and her father thought they got through the worst of it but they didn't and well if I told you everything, there wouldn't be much of a story.

The point is Amaya treasured every moment like it was her last she valued everything that she bought, touched and knew, because the dark cloud that one day she might not ever see it again she felt as if she could be given the worst news any minute but that didn't stop her living, it made her want to live all the more.

Now this story has two important people first was Amaya now there is Reggie.

Reginald Mantle more commonly know as Reggie. Now he's neither just good or just bad, he's a balance depending on who he's with however in this story he's just stupid. Reggie came from a good and stable family, he was Captain on the football team he had girls fawning over him and friends that shared the shame passion, but like everyone time changes him. Upon entering high school he became arrogant, cocky and a ass. He treated girls with less respect than they deserved and he got away with it.

Except it only takes one moment to change the course of history. not everything is destined time is a fickle thing but it can be changed you see, Reggie and his friends had been drinking at a school dance and then they decided to take one of the new players for an initiation the plan was simple sneak in to the swimming pool and jump off from the 10 metre bored naked. But something went wrong and well Reggie and the new by who had been injured got caught. The new boy in hospital and Reggie with small fracture and bruising which is where our story finally starts

----Principals office-----

"Mr Mantle, for your recent offences your punishment is as follows. You are benched until further notice." Principal Weatherbee started

"That's not fair." Reggie retorted

"Furthermore." he continued "You will assist with janitorial dudes for 1 hour after school you will help tutor failing students every Saturday and to drive the point home that your behaviour is not acceptable you will assist with the drama club as they see fit."

"What? why not give me a months detention."

"Because your actions not matter what story you tell put someone in the hospital. Am I clear Mr Mantle." Reggie sighed but nodded.

After school he was in the art room help cleaning up when he heard a voice.

"Art isn't just pencil and paper with a bit of paint it more than that. Art real are is someones soul, children form it in scribbles and words saying this line is mommy and that line is daddy. growing up it can be what's around you, a sunrise or sunset, the way the light hits someones face at and angle making them appear angelic. It can be in the small things and the big things the good and the bad, the key is recognising it when you see it." Amaya stood in front of the empty class practicing her speech. Reggie huffed and went bag to cleaning up.

"Sometimes people choose to appreciate the beauty in the art they see, some can try to decipher the deeper meaning, for example what was the artist thinking..."

"Maybe he was thinking why you have such terrible sense in clothes." Reggie turned his attention to Chuck coming in with some of the other players who were laughing.

"Maybe or maybe when people look at you they think where did your parents and God go so terribly wrong?" Amaya snipped back causing a ooooh to come from the other boys. Reggie snorted at the witty comeback. Chuck just glared at the girl who went back to look over her speech. Chuck and the others approached Reggie.

"What's up Mantle, you ready to bounce?"

"Nowt can do. Being watched like a hawk still got half and hour left."

"Who watching you Loner of loserville over there." Chuck joked, Reggie rolled his eyes.

"Come on man, Weathebee's gone let's go."

"I'm good, honestly." Chuck sighed and left with the others, he shared one last look with Amaya and continued on with what he was doing.

--------------

Reggie continued on like that for the next few days until it was Saturday and he had tutoring sessions at the school. He was given a freshman boy Alex who was struggling with Math no matter what Reggie tried Alex didn't get it and ended up leaving annoyed.

Reggie was waiting for his lift back home when Amaya came and sat next to him, while he was listening to his music

"So you got Alex huh?" Reggie removed his headphones annoyed

"He's a tough nut to crack but if you find something that he already knows and apply it to what he doesn't that could work." she offered and he just stared annoyed at her.

"You wanna buy some raffle tickets, we're raising money to buy some new computers for the library."

"No thanks." he put his headphones back on.

"Are you going to see Jamie Landon? You know he's been moved to a recovery place just outside of town."

"Is this this your idea of small talk or something if it is your social skills need some work no one forced him to do anything."

"Ever heard of peer pressure?He wanted to be in your little group that bad."

"Your Arty Farty book tell you about that?" she looked down at the art book she had with her then back at Reggie.

"Don't pretend that you know me, please."

"Oh but I do, we've been in the same classes and schools since Kindergarten.. Your Amaya Chambers you sit a the table by in the corner of the cafeteria, not reject territory more like self exile. You wear the biggest tops you can find and jeans with those overside glasses and your hair in a ponytail. You barely look up when you walk and your obsessed with art oh and for fun you tutor on weekends. How did I do?"

"Predictable. Nothing I haven't heard spoken about me before." Amaya shrugged

"you don't care what people think about you?" Reggie wondered

"Nope." she replied before leaving for her car.

------------------