Archie x Reader Family Dinner

You and your two children danced around the kitchen of your New York home one Saturday as you were getting ready for a family meal. Taking a taste of the meal you hummed in satisfaction, It was coming along perfectly. The phone rang and you son went to see who it was.

"Daddy's calling?" he called "Daddy's calling." you turned down the music and answered

"Hey babe."

"Hey, I don't know if I'm gonna make it back tonight." your smile dropped and you turned to the children.

"Kids go in the living room and watch TV for a bit. Okay." the giggled and ran off.

"Archibald Andrews you are not doing this to me again."

"I'm sorry but..."

"No but's Archie, your Dad is in town and he's staying for the night, this was planned weeks ago, I reminded you yesterday and today."

"There's nothing I can do."

"There is you get that ginger ass of your into your car and you drive home or so help me I'm done."

"You don't mean that."

"Wanna try me. I love you and I love the fact you are pursing your passion but you are risking your family by not connecting with them. When you asked me to marry you do you know what my condition was? Do you remember?"

"That I won't loose myself in the life." he sighed

"You are doing that right now, you are putting career over family, you are letting down your biggest supporters the ones who loved you before all of this and you're letting it slip through your fingers. Because you would favour one than the other."

"y/n."

"I don't ask for much Archie, neither does your family. " you huff then your voice softens "You know what, do what you want like you always do, miss another family meal, but I'm not covering for the you. Freddie! Mary Kate!" you shout at the end.

"What are you doing?" he asks a little panic. Your children came in and you gave them a smile

"Daddy wants to speak to you." you handed them your phone and they took it, as you went back to finishing dinner.

"Hi Daddy!" they chimed

"When are you coming home?" Freddie wonders

"Yay! We get presents!" Mary Kate cheered

"Love you too Daddy! Bye." you turned back around and hung up the phone

"Daddy says he's packing up now and bringing home a present."

"That's nice sweetie. Why don't you get dressed Grandpa will be here soon." They run off and you turn back to the meal.

-----------------------

The doorbell rang and you went to answer

"Grandpa's here!" the kids yelled as you opened the door.

"y/n" Fred smiled and you went to hug him

"Hey Fred." you let him in and take his bag.

"Grandpa!" Freddie and Mary Kate tackle him into a hug he chuckles

"Hi to you too." he picked them up

"Oh, something smells nice."

"Spaghetti Bolognese with Chocolate cake for afterwards." You grin going to the kitchen.

"Do you want a beer?"

"Please." he puts the twins down and takes off his jacket.

"Where's Archie?" he asked. You were about to answer when the door opens and closes