Jughead x Me x Nick Part Three

"You're my mate!" Nick screamed holding me at arm's length

That had been haunting me for a while ever since the mutts vs Pack war. I had returned back to Riverdale with a very worried welcome, the old being ill trick was found out and I now had to come up with a new lie, that I couldn't stand my life here in Riverdale and sometimes I just up and left. I decided to drop out of high school, it's not like I wouldn't be able to redo the year again, perks of slow aging werewolfness.

"Tasha." there was a knock on my bedroom door as I sat in my room drawing. Jughead peeped his head through as I looked up.

"Hey." I smiled he came in fully and sat down across from me.

"I wanted to talk to you." he started

"I don't know what's been going on with you lately, but as your best friend I think you should know that what you're doing, isn't healthy. Being happy one minute then running away the next, coming back and forth, not telling anyone where you've been and being all secretive. I get that what happened to a few years ago was a trauma for you but, we're nearly eighteen. Isn't this is where we should be figuring life out."

"Jug. Stop." I sighed

"I know I've been irrational but please believe me when I say, if I could tell you the truth I would, but I can't"

"Why?"

"Because it's to keep you safe and it's not my secret to tell."

"Tasha." He groaned

"Look, you are my best friend, you are but please, leave this alone." he shook his head and his eye caught something. I looked to where he was and he saw my drawing of my memory of Nick and I, before the big battle he didn't want me to fight, he wanted me to be safe, we had an argument when he revealed that we were mates.

Because I was still young, he told me he was fighting every urge of the mate bond, unfortunately we were just about to fight and when we won, I bolted. I snatched the book and went to put it away.

"Who's in your drawing."

"Just people." I shrug busying myself. Jughead stood up and wondered around my room.

"What's this?" I turned around and he was holding a folder looking through it. I snatched it off of him

"You're leaving? For how long."

"I'm moving, staying with some friends."

"What friends."

"Jughead." I sigh.

"What friends."

"Just friends, I'm gonna live with them redo my last year of high school, go to college, have a life."

"And what about us." I groaned

"This is why I didn't say anything, I knew you would over react, it's my life."

"I give up." he snapped

"I just give up, I'm done with trying to figure you out and be there when all you do is push me away." he huffed and walked out.

"Nice one Tasha."

-----------------------------

It was moving day and the first time I would see Nik in months. I packed the last bag of my belongings and looked at my friends and Mom.

"Are you sure you want to go? Where will you stay."

"I have a place to stay, I'm sure." I went to my friends. Archie and Veronica were hugging and Betty was holding onto Jughead.

"This is it." I say "I'll call and email, and visit."

"I don't get why you can't d what you want here?" Veronica questioned

"You don't have to besides it's not like I'll never come back." I gave them all a hug and stopped at Jughead.

"I know we've had our arguments but I'm really gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too." I gave him a tight hug, then stepped away getting into my car. I gave one final wave and started my journey back to bear valley.

--------------

When I got to bear Valley everyone was waiting for me. I greeted them all happily and stopped at Nick.

"Can we talk?" I asked him

"Of course." We separated from the others and sat down.

"I'm sorry I bolted, after the fight. There is no excuse."

"Well maybe me tell you that your my mate right before a big fight wasn't the best idea."

"How long have you known?" I wonder

"Since I saw you in the woods, I guess but my dad confirmed it after we left, I hate being away from you, but you weren't ready, for anything of this world."

"After I became apart of this world."

"We have a much longer life span, I was just happy that you survived and I could be near you as much as possible, why rush things." I nodded

"I'm not sure where this is gonna go, but it would be a torture life if I ignored it. I'm not saying lets be boyfriend and girlfriend, but I am willing to see where it leads." have embraced me.

"That's all I can ask for."

-------------------

I did just that, a year later we were a couple, three years engaged six months later marriage. Of course we overcame many things not just as partners but as a pack, there were a few life and death situations and ones I wish never to repeat. I appeased my old life by visiting them so they didn't have to come here and be in danger, well nothing was more dangerous than my pregnancy, but that is a whole other story.

My life with my best friend and my mate was a complicated one and it was pure luck we all survived.

Guess that's what happens when you're bitten