Coopers Sister - Amnesia 4

Amelia was aloud to be brought home some time after her first waking up. Hal opened the door to their home and one by one the Coopers entered. Amelia looked around, she still hadn't got her memory back, so the house she was in meant nothing to her.

"Remember anything?" Alice questioned putting Amelia's bag on the floor.

"Sorry, Alice." Amelia replied Alice sighed, every since waking up and Jughead telling her who they were she never addressed them in family terms, first names only. It hurt the Coopers to know that this wasn't the same Amelia that they had raised/ grown up with.

"Betty how about you show your sister her room and I will make us some lunch." Betty nodded and Amelia followed her sister upstairs. Betty opened the bedroom door. It had been mostly untouched since that night.

"Here you go."

"Thank You Elizabeth." Betty looked down and Amelia caught that action.

"I don't call you that, do I?" Betty shook her head.

"No, you usually call me B or Betty like everyone else." Amelia furrowed her eyebrows.

"But I thought the nicknames for Elizabeth were something like Lizzie, Liz or something."

"How do you know that."

"I don't remember my life, yet random bits of information and general knowledge seems to be intact. I don't really get it and it's happening to me." there was an awkward silence for a few moments.

"I will leave you too it." Betty least and Amelia looked around her room. There were posters on the wall, pretty flower bedding, a small shelf of CDs and DVDs, her iPod. She picked it up and examined it. pressing the home button it came up with a password. She sighed and put it down opting to look at the CDs.

Arianna Grande, The Wanted, One Direction, Three Days Grace, Queen, AC/DC, Selena Gomez, Demi Lavato. She then looked through her drawers and wardrobe, looked at the clothes she wore anything to try and jog a memory as to who she was, but nothing.

"So I like dresses, flowers, bands a girl singers. I live in a nice house with nice family so why am I here." she couldn't figure it out. She sat down on the bed and sighed

-----

You could cut the tension with a knife as they all sat down for Lunch. Amelia could feel it and she looked at everyone then dropped her fork.

"I'm sorry." she said

"What for Sweetheart?" Hal wondered and Amelia cleared her throat.

"Judge told me that I stole your car, the one I crashed in. I don't remember why I did it, but I'm sorry." Hal breathed a little easier.

"There is nothing to be sorry about."

"But there is, whatever made me do it must have been real bad and for whatever reason it I didn't come to you, from what I can tell you seem to be caring parents. I'm sorry I don't remember that."

"Probably best" Betty muttered, Alice and Hal didn't hear but Amelia did and she looked at the other blonde confused.

-----

Alice had reluctantly let Jughead round not for Betty's benefit but Amelia's since she had declared that he was the only one she actually trusted. He and Amelia were sat up in her room.

"It's frustrating." she huffed

"Which part?"

"I mean I look at all of this stuff and this house the people that were there when I was growing up and there is nothing there it's all new to me yet it isn't. I've slept in this bed, listen to this music looked out of this window, yet I don't remember it. None of this makes sense why did I take Hal's car a car I have never drove and make myself crash it." Jughead sighed looking down. He wanted to tell her but he thought it would do more harm than good.

"Jug, what's wrong?" She sat next to him

"I know why you did it?" She looked at him shocked

"You do? Tell me."

"I don't think I should. Ames, what happened to you should never happen, the lies, secrets and pressure that built up led you to try and kill yourself. That's serious. I don't want to put you through that again, some things I hope you don't remember because I don't want to lose you."

"How bad was it."

"Off the scale bad."

"And how come you know but no one else knows?" she wondered, he sighed.

"Because despite being a crappy friend for months, you thought I was the only one worth knowing how bad it had gotten and why you did what you did. I was a bad friend, I regret that, but I promised you I would protect you even it was from yourself."

"What did I say to you that night?"

"You messaged me to meet you and when I got there you handed me an envelope saying that everything in there was you and I had to keep it safe, especially from your family." Amelia furrowed her eyebrows.

"So I didn't trust them? Why?"

"They like to come across as the perfect family, there was a lot of pressure on you and your sisters to be that, sometimes they weren't as truthful as you might have wanted them to be." Amelia nodded

"So I went through some really tough things and because of a reason which is only known to the two of us. Well only you right now, I thought it better to just..." she trailed off

"Okay, now I'm not so keen to remember." she looked at Jughead

"Thank you for looking after me."

"It's nothing." he replied

------

Amelia stepped out onto the porch the next morning she went to sit down on the steps and look out at what was her home.

"Amy." her eyes drifted towards the voice that had said her name.

"Do I know you." she asked the boy making her way up to her. He smiled

"Archie." he told her and She remembered what Jughead had told her the day before, he gave her the quick lowdown on the people in her life.

"My cheating boyfriend." Archie's smile faltered  "Jughead told me about you. His other best friend who was my sisters crush, but didn't feel the same way, then started dating me as well as someone else, thrice but I being the loyal dopey girlfriend gave you chance after chance."

"That's not entirely true."

"What did I miss out."

"That I love and care for you." Amelia started laughing like a true laugh.

"Sorry, sorry. It's just i though if you love someone like a girlfriend you wouldn't stray. I mean once okay stupid idiot thinking with his dick, you're of the male species, I might forgive but three times, I think there was something seriously wrong with me before the crash to forgive you three times." she held up three fingers.

"If it wasn't clear, now that I have the facts and I don't have any emotional ties to you, you are an ex boyfriend." Alice opened the door.

"Is everything alright Amelia?" she asked her daughter

"Yeah, Archie, was just leaving."