Jughead x Destiny - Become a serpent

Requested ages ago by SlightlyHighDestiny sorry it's taken me so long

'Juggie there you are' you grinned sitting across from him at the booth at Pops. he was writing as usual but stopped when he saw you slid in.

"Hey Dee." he lowered his laptop screen and properly looked at you he gave the mysterious hint of a smile as well.

"What's go you smiling so..." he wanted to say something romantic but he couldn't get the words out, the truth is, Jughead had a huge crush on you but the two of you were best friends and he was more fearful of you rejecting him than anything else so he kept the words to himself.

"I spoke to your Dad earlier." you began

"Why?"

"I'm officially joining the serpents" Jugheads smile dropped as yours stayed firmly in it's place.

"Destiny you can't" now the smile dropped.

"And why can't I?"

"Because.... Because." you raised your eyebrow. "Because it's dangerous."

"I know that already, I'm not afraid"

"Destiny I don't want this for you." he took your hand but you snatched it away.

"This isn't your decision Jug. it's mine." you got up and left him alone.

-

You were asleep during that night when you were jolted awake but someone jumping on your bed you screamed.

"What the..." you saw a bunch of people in masks.

"Your initiation starts now." one said "with you assuming guardianship of the beast." just then a dog ran o you on the bed. you sighed was just hot dog."

"okay out, you've scared the living shit out of me for one night." ou got out of bed grabbing two of the serpents by there jackets and hauling them out. once they were all gone  you took a deep breath.

"Come here Hot Dog" you called and he ran over to you. You petted him before grabbing some stuff and feeding him.

"Right, sleep." you climbed back into bed and falling asleep.

The next day you were talking to Toni about what happened the night before.  She was laughing when you told her you hauls two of them out. You sat down with the other serpents.

"Okay, which one of you scared the living crap out of me last night?"

"We don't know what you mean?" Sweet Pea replied and you just know it was him when a smirk slid onto his face.

"You're an ass, the lot of you." you sighed and started writing down the laws of the serpents, it was pretty easy for you since your family were serpents, you were already born one but even then it was tradition for you to go through the trials to be a official member.

---------

"What is the fourth law!" FP shouted at you

"No serpent is left for dead!" you screamed back

"What is the fifth law?"

"A serpent never betrays her own!"

"What is the sixth law!"

"In unity there is strength!"

"in unity there is strength!" Everyone repeated. You saw FP give you a small smile.

"You know the laws, now it's time for the next trial." He looked over to the young serpents move to reveal  a tank holding a live rattlesnake. You look at FP warily. and he gives you a nod