Cooper's Sister - Amnesia 2

Warning mentions of suicide attempt

The Coopers were brought to the hospital before Amy arrived in the ambulance. When she did she was rushed into theatre, Alice had caught a glimpse of her broken daughter before she was behind the doors of the OR.

"Why? Why would she do this?" Alice sobbed. Hal went to comfort her but she brushed him off.

"Juggy, you said she texted you." Betty wiped away her tears "Did she say anything."

"We met outside but she said nothing that would imply this. She was crying  and she kissed my cheek before leaving, I followed her but she was already pulling out of the car park." Betty shook her head and walked away, Jughead glanced down at his bag.

"Excuse me." Jughead said leaving, Archie sensed something was wrong and followed him.

"Jug?!" Archie watched as his friend turned round a corner and sunk to the floor.

"Jug?" Jughead looked up to his friend.

"It's all my fault." he stated. Archie sat next to him.

"What do you mean."

"I should have known i should have done something to stop her." He shook his head finally letting the tears fall.

"Jughead, you're not making any sense." Jughead took the envelope out of his bag.

"She gave me this before she left, she made me promise to keep it safe and away from her family. I didn't know what it was until i got here." he emptied it out

"This is Amy's diary, the bracelet you gave her and a letter." Jughead nodded

"She says that she couldn't take it anymore and the only person she thought deserved a full explanation was me. That this is who she was and I had to keep her safe now."

"But a car crash?" Archie couldn't wrap his head around it. "You need to tell Betty and Sheriff Keller."

"I want to but she made me promise. I've failed her once I won't do it again."

"Jughead this is serious."

"You don't think I know that. I just, I just need to think." He wiped away his tears and got back up he put the envelope back in his bag and went to join Betty."

-----

Amelia was not out of the woods yet but was out of surgery and put in ICU. Hal had gone to get some things for the house when he found the note on his daughter bed. He read it, and broke. he sat on her bed and cried for what seemed like ages.

Alice held onto her daughters hand still not believing how still she was. Betty and polly were on the other side of their sister. Hal walked in and cleared his throat. They looked to him.

"We need to talk." He stated to his wife. Alice stood up and walked out. From inside the room Betty and Polly watched as their parents talked and Hal handed Amy's letter to Alice who read it and broke down even more.

"What do you think that's about?" Polly wondered

"No idea." Betty replied but she was going to find out.

-------

A lot happened while while Amelia was in a coma, The Black hood and shot Fred Andrews and killed Miss Grundy. Betty who now knew why her sister was in the hospital was getting calls from the Black Hood.

"Why are you doing this?" Betty asked the murderer over the phone.

"Many reasons, you're speech inspired me and..." he trailed off.

"And."

"Sinners, need to be punished. Sinners hurt people, ruin not just their lives but others." Betty could here the personal feeling behind it.

"what does that mean?"

"Goodnight." the phone call was ended. Betty made a note and looked back at the phone. She found out the reason. This was personal.

Betty was talking with Archie as they were making their way to the hospital. Fred had been out of hospital but Amy was still in.

"I think it's personal for him?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Archie wondered

"It's not a definite answer but I think someone he cares about has been hurt by this town."

"My Dad would never hurt anyone intentionally."

"It's only a theory. Sinners ruin their lives and others' that's what he said but his voice altered slightly at the mention of others." They continued talking. when they got there Alice was typing away while sat next to Amy.

"Is there any change." Alice looked up too the two.

"Some, the Doctors are going to try and bring her out of the coma tomorrow. They say that the swelling has gone down considerably. Which is good."

"How are you doing Mrs C?" Archie asked

"Keeping myself busy." She answered. They all sat with Amy she looked better than she did a couple of months, the cut were healed she just now had a few faint scars.