Coopers Sister - Amnesia 3

Friends and Family of Amelia waited anxiously as they waited for news on the young blonde. They waited what seemed like forever until one of the doctors came out. They all stood up.

"I have good news, Miss Cooper is responding well to post coma, she's still sleeping but the chances of her waking up are very good." They all breathed a sigh of relief.

"Do you know when she'll wake?" Alice questioned hopefully.

"When she's ready, she's been through a ordeal and might experience some confusion. We'll know more when she wakes." The doctor nodded and left. The others talked between themselves.

Meanwhile Jughead sat quietly looking at everyone, he had read her diary and while he didn't agree with what she did, he understood. He felt like a terrible friend that she had to go through everything that she did alone. He stared at Archie, his other best friend, stood there with a smile on his face so happy that she was going to be okay, when he was one of the handful of reasons she was in there. So was he but he promised himself that he would change, he didn't know if Archie could though.

He got up from where he was sitting and went to his best friend. She had a lot less wires in her than before and there was a little more colour. He sat next to her and took her hand.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can, I promise that when you wake up, I will be there for you, I won't abandon you again. I will try to protect you from others and yourself. I am so sorry that I didn't before." he told her.

"Everything okay?" Archie asked from the entrance to her room. He looked at Amelia once more before at his best friend.

"You shouldn't be here." he told the red head. Archie liked at him confused.

"Excuse me."

"You shouldn't be here, the last thing she'll want to see when she wakes up is her serial cheating boyfriend, if you're still that when she wakes up." he stood up.

"What's gotten into you."

"My best friend was dying inside and I didn't notice till it was too late. You know what she wrote in her diary, I read it. She said that she thought she deserved you, that for all the secrets and hurting her sister by dating you, she deserved what you put her through. She thought that is what was intended for her and she thought that till she couldn't live with it anymore.

She wrote that it hurt when I ditched her for Betty because of that she had no one to really talk to about how she found out that you strayed, yet again. So as much as you may care, you should not be here." Archie looked at Amelia then back at Jughead.

"I'm not leaving her."

"So now you're choosing to be a loyal boyfriend, what happened to that sense of loyalty with Ms Grundy, Valerie and Veronica. I let her down once, I will not do it again. So you need to leave." Just then Archie's phone rang he answered it and he nodded then ended the call.

"I'm coming back." he left and Jughead looked back at his best friend.

----

A week later Betty and Alice were sat by Amelia's bedside when things changed, Amelia twitched slowly waking up, her heartbeat quickened and the two women looked to where she was. Alice put her stuff to the side.

"Amelia, Amelia sweetie." Alice smiled. Amy's vision came into focus as she gained her bearings, once she gained focus of the two in front of her she freaked out. She screamed pushing Alice off of her.

"Get off me, Get off me!"

"Amelia, sweetie, calm down it's okay. Betty get the doctor." Betty nodded

"Who are you?! Where am I?!" Alice looked at her confused as Amelia struggled "Get off me! Get off me!" The doctor came rushing in and pulled Alice away, they gave something to calm her down, not to knock her out but to relax her. Her doctor assessed her asked her questions. Meanwhile Betty had called Jughead and he had come as quick as he could. He stopped beside his girlfriend, breathing heavily.

"What's going on?" he asked

"She woke up and she freaked out, she looked at us like she had no clue who we were." A few moments later the Doctor came out and sighed.

"What is going on with her?" Hal just arrived before the doctor began to speak

"Disasotive fuge state, you might know it as Movie Amnesia. The brain is a complex thing and it can sometimes cause a person to repress who they are, memories, names, people. That sort of thing."

"I'm not following." Hal stated

"For whatever reason, her brain has locked everything that you know as Amelia in a locked box. Right now in her head she has no clue who you are, who she is. Every little jigsaw piece that is her from when she was born to who she was before the crash, she doesn't remember."

"Will she get better."

"I want to say yes, but right now is anyones guess. In most cases memories do come back, sometimes all at once, others in bits and pieces. It is extremely rare from what I know that she won't gain some of her originality back but It could take a while. I don't want to give you false hope and say she will be back to normal before you know it. What I will say is from what I know about her, Amelia's been through a lot, that it lead her here. I would say that her brain is defending itself from all that she experienced."

"Oh my god" Hal breathed

"There is some good news, from what I can tell she has retained educational knowledge like how to sums, quotes from something she's read that kind of thing. I suggest is you take it at her pace, she's relaxed but awake right now."

"Thank you doctor" In the side room. Amelia looked confused at the people outside, the doctors calmed her and explained what was going on before the questioned her. She had no idea who these people were but the Doctor said that they were her family.

Family -  A group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit. A core unit that you could and should rely on.

They were all talking but one voice she picked out, she knew that voice, she couldn't remember the name or the face behind it but she knew the sound.

"You!" she called all of them looked at her

"B- Black hair and hat." they all looked to Jughead. He moved away from Betty and headed in, the others followed silently behind him.

"Your voice, I know it. When I was sleeping you said you would protect me." she didn't know how she remembered but she did and she felt as if she could trust the boy in front of her.

"You heard me."

"The Doctors you were family. Are you my family?" Jughead smiled softly

"I'm your best friend, we've known each other since we were kids." he told her

"I don't remember you. The doctors said that I did something to make me forget. What did I do? Who am I?" He sat down next to her.

"You're name is Amelia, I'm Jughead but you call me Jug or Juggie. You were in a car crash." Amelia nodded slowly and looked to the other three.

"Him I trust, I don't trust you."

"Ames, they're your family. Your Mom Alice, Your Dad, Hal and one of your sisters Betty. They won't hurt you" Jughead told her