Josie Sister - I have a Voice of my own

So this morning, I sat down watching Riverdale and I am like, what Imagines can I do? I wanna sit down at some point and just right these imagines/ mini stories and mix them in with requests or when requests get short and hardly any come in. So I grabbed a note book and pen and wrote down at least 30 ideas. I wrote From Archie to Hiram though I'm still thinking on Fred, If you want any doing, fill in the form for the first chapter and I will post as soon as I can. And the best thing about imagines is that I can post more than one a day.

So for this Imagine I won't be doing the usual y/n or anything like that you are Whitney, Josie's sister. It will be told in first pov. So far it's only this one where a name will already be picked out.

Josie's Sister - I have a voice of my own.

I sat there with my family, the Lodges and the Andrews. Fred Andrews wanted the So Dale contract from my mom and we were all invited to dinner at the Pembroke when my Dad was in town. I loved my Dad and missed him so much when he was constantly away on business. I was the youngest of two and according to Mom the least musically talented, charming right? I sat quietly as they others conversed with each other.

"So, Whitney." I looked up to my Dad "How is school?"

"School's good, yeah." I nodded going to take a sip of water.

"And what about performing, are you still in to that? I remember when you were little you loved being in front of the camera and on stage with me." I went to answer but my Mom butted in.

"Whitney has sadly lost her angelic voice over the years, not enough time to, with her studies to become a doctor and all." I looked down at my plate. Not enough time? No I just didn't like to be pressured and controlled. That and she was so set on having successful daughters she thought Josie was more talented than me and I would be more suited to something else like a Doctor or a lawyer.

"Whitney."

"Yeah, I guess what Mom said." I muttered. I love music, I love music that makes me feel something and that makes me come alive in my bones. Being a doctor was good and all but nothing compared to being up on stage. I loved it since I was a kid. My parents continued on talking and I looked to my sister who was anxious, see there was a huge diffrence between me and my sister, one that outshined all the others, it seprated us and brought us together at the same time.

Approval,

See though nowadays I raely get to see him, but I am a Daddy's little girl. Daddy's princess, it was clear that even though parents shouldn't outwardly have favourites I was Dad's. I was the one who spoke to him often and called for advice with whatever. And he took more of and interest in my life, he knew my love for music and thought I would be brilliant at it. However I also wanted Mom's approval to impress her and to be loved as much as Josie was by her.

For Josie it was the other way around. She was Moms favourite and was practically musically dotes on her. Everything that I would do with Dad. She craved Dad's approval, she felt the pressure to work 200 times as hard to impress him and would get anxious around him.

-------

Later that night I was getting ready for bed when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Dad came in with a small smile as I was climbing into bed he sat on the other side up against the head board and I wrapped my arms around him.

"You were quiet at dinner tonight." he stated

"Nothing unusual, I'm the outcast and social misfit of the family." I muttered

"That's not true."

"It is, you know Mom actively and repeatedly discourages me singing or any kind of performing. Apparently I would show up and embarrass Josie and her."