Sweet Pea - Serpent Charming 1

So this was just by a popular vote on always the best friend never the girlfriend one thanks for your help and i hope you like it.

The friend zone

Two word most people if not all people never want to hear, it's a place that you can get stuck if you see someone as more than a friend. For example I Amelia Arkwright have had two major crushes in my 16 years on being on this earth. The first was Jughead Jones, yeah that weird kid that goes to a northside school but is actually a southsider. We've been friends since well since forever. when I was 11 I told my mom that when i saw him it felt like I got butterflies in my stomach anytime he was around. She told me that what I was feeling was a crush and he was the crushee, so I asked her what I should do.

"Well sweetie, I guess you gotta find out whether he likes you back or not, if he does great if he doesn't then his loss."

Some advice that was, I told Jughead everything including what my Mom said, he basically replied that he wasn't intresed, for an 11 year old that hurt a lot everything emotionally seems to hurt a lot more when your younger. Anyway that was that I eventually grew out of it EVENTUALLY being the key word but the truth is I swapped one crush for another. This time it was Archie Andrews he was the boy next door, no seriously he was. I live with my family in one house then there was Archie and his Dad and then there was my best friend Betty Cooper next to him he literally had two girls next door who were crushing on him.

You think this crush would split me and Betty up, in fact it brought us closer because we were both going through the same thing. Looking back I see things clearly, Archie and Jughead could never have handled my awesomeness and if I had dated them they would have either dumped me or cheated on me. I didn't know it back then but Jughead and Betty became Bughead and Archie went through girls like I went through snicker bars. Well that was until miss prissy Lodge came around. I know I'm being mean but Archie has know me his whole life but who does he go for?

A Teacher. A Pussycat and The New Girl

life sucks.

----

"Life Sucks!" I groan flopping onto Betty's bed. I was round her her again moaning about my life.

"What Happened this time?" Betty sighed as she shared a look with Jughead

"Boys or Boy I mean what is so special about her? Money? Nice Clothes? Dark Past? Tell me Betty what makes me so invisible to the male eye."

"I can see you just fine." Jughead replied

"Bite me asshole, all you boys are the same you look at me and think, 'oh she'd make a nice friend.' I have a lot more to offer than being just a friend. You do realise that I'm 16 and not once have I had a boyfriend not even those 1 week elementary boyfriends. It's officially I am a  10 cats lady in the making." I whine covering myself with a pillow.

"That's not true, Ames. There is someone out there for you."

"Then where is he? I don't see him, you know what I wish I had magical powers then I could transport myself into the world of Teen Wolf and date either Scott or Stiles not Issac though I ship him and Alsion." Jughead and Betty chuckled.

"Don't you deny that you wouldn't dump him if a hot werewolf or a spastic hot human with the last name Stilinkski came along. I know you would i would, no offence Jughead."

"Seen as they're not actually real, none taken."

"In fact come to think of it scrap them two I want myself a Orginal, which would do you think would go for me. Klaus, Elijah or Kol, I'm thinking Kol though i wouldn't say no to the other two."

"Oh my god, seriously." Betty face palmed

"What?! You've known me forever and what I say shocks you, look at at Jug he's not even battering a eyelid." i held up my arm to my other best friend who just had a passive look on his face

"Admit it me turning up with a badass sexy vampire on my arm would make you all envious."

"Do you know how desperate you sound." Betty sighed

"If you weren't my best friend and that wasn't true we'd so be having a cat fight right now, which I would win btw"

"Amelia I say this because I love you and you're my best friend, you live in a fantasy world. Werewolves, vampires and Stiles don't exist, what does exist is that right now whether you like it or not you're friend zoned, deal with it and move on." Betty tell her friend and the playful smile dropped from her face.

"You know Betty just because someone should hear something doesn't mean you should say it. I live in my fantasy world because it's the only thing that keeps me sane. The thought that in a different world I might not feel so repulsive, that being me would be enough. I'm not like you and Veronica, I don't have that self worth and confidence, what people say and do to me matter." with that being said I left in tears

-Betty-

"Well that went downhill fast." Jughead commented

"i had no idea she felt that way?"

"Neither did I." Jughead replied and took my hands

"How can I make this better Jug, I just hurt my best friend."

"Hey it's not your fault, she always comes across so happy and self assured you weren't to know that she felt that way. you weren't being mean."

"Jughead she just ran out of here in tears because of me. I have to fix this."

"No, you don't look she'll come around. I know she will, she just needs to cool off

---Amelia---

That's how it all started with heartbreak and good intentions. I know Betty wasn't being malicious, however I went home that afternoon and got cookie dough out of the freezer and bigger watched the originals. I wasn't as confidant as everyone thought and I just wanted once to experience having a boyfriend to have someone who looks at me the way Jughead looks at Betty or how Archie drapes his arm around Veronica.  Was that too much to ask?

There was a knock on the door and my Dad opened it slowly.

"You decent?"

"Yes." he opened it further and saw me lounging on my bed with my cookie dough and Orginal boys.

"Archie again?" he asked coming to join me I shuffled up and blinked back the tears

"Not completely." i let out a staggered breath "Um, Betty gave me the very harsh truth that I live in my own little world, one where if Archie won't date me, he would." i paused the program on Kol's face.

"I don't trust him, his eyes are two close together." I laughed

"Sweetie look at me." i turned my eyes towards my Dad.

"As much as I don't want you having a boyfriend and that's very much, any guy to be with you would be the luckiest guy in the world, because you are smart, beautiful, kind, caring, loving and so much more. Listen to me, you won't always be the best friend I know because I always thought that, I  was the nerd in high school girls avoided like the plague but then I met your mother and she saw not just nerd but the boy behind the glasses, and even though I had my own sense of confidence she added to it tenfold because she saw me and the person who I could become.

So for now you might not have what you want and when you do get it it might not work out, it's all apart of growing up and it will hurt for a while but when you do find that person all that pain will have been worth it. Trust me." I was full on crying by now. He wrapped me up in his arms and kissed my head then pulled away wiping away my tears.

"I have an idea, while you're waiting on Prince Charming, why don't you come down to the boxing gym with me get some of that Archie frustration out. Hell I'll even let you pretend the bag is Archie." I giggled and nodded

Part 2 soon