Jughead x Reader - Break Up

You're in a relationship with Jughead and he wants to break up with you and your life after.

Looking back at your life there is a weird since of karma but not in a bad way for you. Like all the decisions you've made and the heartbreak has led to that moment in your life where you feel it was all worth it.

You sat down looking at the little word on the screen you held in your hand one night six years ago. In 90 second your world had shifted, before those ninety seconds you would have agreed to go out for a drink or two, before those ninety seconds your biggest questions was what should we have for dinner tomorrow night, before those ninety seconds would would happen in the next hour might have broken you more than it did.

Pregnant

You had wanted to be a Mom for so long, but you wanted them and yourself to have a stable life before you even thought about bringing another one into it. On leaving school and Riverdale you got in to a great college so you could study teaching, working with kids you felt was a blessing and having one was more so. Just last Month you had gotten your degree after four years of hard work and you already had offers for a job.

You were almost happy.

The key word being almost.

In junior year of high school a bunch of stuff happened, your brother Jason was murdered by your own father and that left you and your sister Cheryl in a dangerous spot, after being what felt like to hell and back you found a light in your boyfriend Jughead. It was a unusual pairing a Blossom and a Jones. A Northsider and Southsider. A vixen and a Serpent. But you made it work and you went from strength to strength.

But the past six months something had been off in the world of Blossom and Jones. Jughead was becoming secretive and a little distant. You friends had seen him going into a shop and come out with a small bag, they immediately jumped to the conclusion he was going to ask for your hand in marriage. But in six months nothing had come, there were no plans to go anywhere or reservations, all special and meaningful dates in your relationship past by, you couldn't understand. At first you thought you were going insane maybe there was some date you missed, so you looked back through your journals. First kiss, first date, first I love you There were a lot of firsts and you documented everything.

Yet, nothing by the first six months you would say you had nearly all your firsts with each other. But this day, this day would be the best and the worst of firsts.

The door opened and closed signalling your partner was home, from book meetings. You gave one last look to the pregnancy test before packing it away. You didn't want to ruin the surprise by him finding the packaging. You wanted to find some epic way of telling him. Jogging down stairs you were met with a very anxious Jughead.

"Hey Babe." you grinned feeling elated at the secret you had. He turned to you with a expression you rarely saw from  him in all your years of being together.

"y/n." he breathed

"Is everything okay?" you asked taking his arm in a attempt to comfort him.

"We need to talk." those words were hardly ever good he took your hand and sat you down.

"y/n. I love you so much." you smiled

"I love you too Juggie. And I was going to wait till later but I'm too excited." you couldn't keep it in, epic announcement be damned.

"Me first. Look the past six years have been amazing, but something has changed."

"I would say that too" still in your little bubble of happiness.

"I'm glad, wow, you saying that makes this so much easier...." he had a sense of relief

"I don't think we belong together anymore." your smile dropped and your bubble popped and your world exploded.

"What?"

"I love you but I'm not in love with you. I think it's time to get serious ?"

"Serious? You don't see us as serious?" your gripped tightened on his arm

"Ow, y/n." he pried your hand off of him "Look we were serious, but I think we both want different things and  we're different people from who we were back in high school." you stood up holding your hand against your both with everything wanting to tumble out.

"I thought you were proposing."

"Ah."

"Ah? Katie told me she saw you coming out of  a jewellers with a bag that looked like it could fit a ring box in it. For months I've been waiting for you to pop the question and it turns out that there is no proposal so tell me Jughead, what was in the bag." he looked away and it was like jigsaw pieces in your head were being put in place.

"There is someone else isn't there. God I am so...dumb."

"Y/n" he started

"I would ask you who but then I'm afraid I might turn into my father and shoot the bitch in the head like he did to my poor JJ. Six years. Six years down the drain for some tart. Congrats Jughead, you're actually worse than your father and you didn't have to drink." you went upstairs.

"y/n that's not fair."

"What's not fair is stringing me along for six months or more. Not fair is sleeping with me having sex with me when your with some other girl.  That's not fair." you grabbed your suitcase

"I feel so humiliated, tell me why did you keep up the pretence for this long?"

"I didn't want to hurt you, I thought you felt the same when I started this conversation. About things being different."

"Not in the way you think." you mutter

"You made it much worse, you know the harshness of this could have been averted if you just talked to me, told me what you were feeling but you do this." you packed your stuff. You grabbed your phone and called Cheryl.

"Sissy, it's so amazing to hear from you."

"Can I stay with you." you asked

"What's the matter is everything alright." you stopped and looked at Jughead then held your stomach protectively.

"No, I need somewhere to stay for a while."

"Of course, thistle house will always welcome you back with open arms." she replied

"Thank you sissy." you hung up and finished packing, momentarily stopping on the pregnancy test, you shoved that into your hand bag and moved your stuff down stairs.

"Y/n." he sighed. As you  wobbled down the front steps to your car.

"I've got it, I don't need anything from you. Not anymore, you've done enough." You went back and forth moving stuff out at 9 o'clock at night.

"If there is anything else, I'll call you."

"Just send it to thistle house, I don't want to speak to you ever again." you slammed your car door shut and drove away.

"Don't worry baby. I will always love you."

-----

When you pulled into the drive way of thistle house, you were greeted by your sister.

"Oh sissy, come inside and tell me all about what that Southside piece of trash has done to you." she enveloped you in her arms and took you inside where you told her everything including the pregnancy.

You held of getting a Job till after you gave birth, you were supported by your inheritance and the income you and Cheryl still got from the maple syrup business.

Nine months later you gave birth to two beautiful twin girls Jaclyn and Rosalind Blossom, they were every bit your children with the flaming blossom red hair and those shining green eyes.